Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 7 replies

Verizon Corp Reps!!!!

prizbilla_babykilla

Feb 24, 2011, 3:17 PM
I am a indirect rep and i am trying to figure out why we are even carrying the iPhone. as indirect, we make almost nothing and it doesnt count towards our acts/ups goals.... and we make $0 gp. so im curious, how is youre payout different. does it count to sell an iphone in your comission structure the same as it does for a droid? 😕
OrionsVantage

Feb 24, 2011, 3:30 PM
As a fellow indirect i can tell you that how corp gets paid and how you get paid are vastly different. As far as goals go its entirely dependant on how your national retailer wants to do business.

From what i know, though, indirects are getting the shaft as far as payouts for the iPhone which is why your company is probably not willing to pay the reps to much for them.

Protip: Sell Droids, make paper.
iljaaf21

Feb 24, 2011, 6:18 PM
As an AT&T rep I can tell you you're not alone on this one. I work for an Authorized Retailer, and we only make $2 for each iPhone, whether it's on a primary line or not. And it's the same for our corp stores as well. The only ones making money on these is Apple. We're getting shafted all over the place. 👿
Zandermill

Feb 25, 2011, 2:37 PM
As a Big Red indirect in one of the few Franchises getting Iphone, I can say our main lines are around 125 profit, and add a line are around 40 in profit.

So main lines pay just as good as a midtier 40-69.99 droid x, where add lines are just sad pathetic things.
prizbilla_babykilla

Feb 26, 2011, 1:49 PM
the thing that gets me with our iphone comission structure is that if i activate a new line on an iphone, that new act doesnt go toward my total activations for the month. 👿 and we only get a couple dollars gp. its like theyre trying to get us to sell more droids. lol
OrionsVantage

Feb 26, 2011, 2:24 PM
They are. Indirects make more money selling droids than iPhones. Every indirect in the nation should be hustlin droids harder now than they ever did.
Simply_Eric

Feb 26, 2011, 3:45 PM
just DONT install a task killer when you do.
maverick218

Mar 4, 2011, 5:22 PM
We're an ATT indirect, and we're not carrying the iphone anymore b/c att/apple was going to make us spend over $1000 on a display that att won't let us co-op. Since we basically make nothing on iphone sales, the investment wasn't worth it.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.