Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 16 replies

"The last guy hung up on me!"

poperp98

Feb 9, 2011, 11:33 PM
Zomg. Do customers really get hung up on all that often or are they just stupid?

I've gotten about 8 calls today saying they previous agent hung up on them. Then again, I also had a customer say *I* hung up on him. :|
Fredd

Feb 10, 2011, 9:39 AM
I've done that. You get a rep that obviously does not know what they are doing, hang up and try again - chances are the next will be better.
SavageKitty

Feb 10, 2011, 1:12 PM
I have done the same. I call to transfer and the rep says we do not do that when I know they do. So I hang up call the dept back get a different rep and then they will accept the call because they can do what I am requesting.
phantom mullet

Feb 10, 2011, 1:54 PM
I humiliate them by getting their supervisor on the line.

I love when other reps call me and start telling me how to do my job when they don't have a clue. I know my job better than anyone in this center (that includes sups, quality, and management), so when I say something can't be done it can't be done.
SavageKitty

Feb 10, 2011, 1:57 PM
However what about the situations where it can be done and the rep doesn't want to or is not aware of how to do it. Like I said I can call 2 different reps and get 2 different answers. One rep I called told me my dept. did not exist and that we can not do ownership changes over the phone.
phantom mullet

Feb 10, 2011, 2:25 PM
SavageKitty said:
However what about the situations where it can be done and the rep doesn't want to or is not aware of how to do it.

Again, I say something to the effect of "Thank you so much for your assistance today. I do know that your department is equipped to handle this issue, so please place your supervisor on the line."
SavageKitty

Feb 10, 2011, 2:28 PM
True, still I about died I was laughing so hard when the woman told me my department does not exist. I think she thought I was a prank call or something.
phantom mullet

Feb 10, 2011, 2:50 PM
That is friggin' hilarious.

Sprint honestly isn't making a huge effort to hire the best and brightest.
SavageKitty

Feb 10, 2011, 3:05 PM
She tried to tell me that changing ownership over the phone is impossible because how would we know we are speaking to the right person and not someone pretending. I explained we authenticate and then take their word for it 🙂
phantom mullet

Feb 10, 2011, 3:08 PM
............................................_ _______
....................................,.-â⠂¬ËœÃ¢â‚¬Â ...................``~.,
.............................,.-†.......... .........................“-.,
.........................,/.................. .............................”: ,
.....................,?...................... ................................,
.................../......................... ..................................,}
................./........................... ...........................,:`^`..}
.............../............................. ......................,:”...... .../
..............?.....__....................... ..................:`.........../
............./__.(.....ââ...
(continues)
SavageKitty

Feb 10, 2011, 3:10 PM
I thought about saying "why would the customer pretend to be someone else?" see if I could be as dumb as her.
phantom mullet

Feb 10, 2011, 3:12 PM
Why wouldn't the customer pretend to be someone else? Eh? Eh??? 🤨
SavageKitty

Feb 10, 2011, 3:13 PM
Maybe i should try that when people call me be like sorry we don't do that in this dept, does your dept. even exist?
pickles

Feb 11, 2011, 1:15 AM
Lol I love people like you. You actually think you can control the call.
phantom mullet

Feb 11, 2011, 11:43 AM
You know people who have confidence? Shocking. We seem to be a minority, even in sales.
pickles

Feb 11, 2011, 2:38 PM
uhmmm uh...so er...yeah 30 day risk free trial, so you wanna sign up maybe....?

THATS how you close on a sale. f*** confidence.
phantom mullet

Feb 11, 2011, 3:22 PM
I'd love to do that if I wouldn't get fired. 😉

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.