Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 16 replies

Brilliant idea Sprint! (not)

smazi

Jan 18, 2011, 7:59 PM
$10 premium data charge for all new or upgrading smartphones starting 1/3/11. That's gonna be popular and a real call driver. Can you hear the churn? We'll have to see how that goes, I guess.
Joby Dick

Jan 18, 2011, 8:06 PM
Is that for real? My Sprint rep told me yesterday that he was going to a meeting and an announcement was being made of some kind. He told me he'd call if it was anything important, but I haven't heard from him.
smazi

Jan 18, 2011, 8:12 PM
Is for real [sigh] Customers today were calling and asking about it, so it's already been announced.
famoussasjohn

Jan 19, 2011, 9:35 AM
https://www.phonescoop.com/news/item.php?n=7341 »

the "major" announcement is the 7th of February I believe.
island_chica

Jan 18, 2011, 8:26 PM
I'm glad I won't be upgrading for 2 years and this doesn't effect me (yet).

I agree, this will cause quite the uproar with new customers here at the end of the month. 🙄

Great job Sprint. Way to really piss the customer off. Oh wait...you aren't taking the calls so what do you care?
Daniel Dc5

Jan 20, 2011, 12:56 PM
Sprint all ready has the lowest priced smart phone options available, $10 is not going to make much difference there still is nothing cheaper.
phantom mullet

Jan 20, 2011, 1:39 PM
But it's closing the price gap. What has Sprint been advertising for the past three years? Low prices!

While Sprint is still (barely) cheaper than it's biggest competitors, the price hike does give customers another reason to go with a more reliable carrier with better services. *cough* Verizon. *cough*
dilligaff1

Jan 20, 2011, 5:28 PM
But the rest are tier billng for usage!!!
phantom mullet

Jan 19, 2011, 9:32 AM
It's effective 1/30/2011.

And yeah, it's garbage.
famoussasjohn

Jan 19, 2011, 9:55 AM
Yep, and it's going to suck for a while just like the charge for 4G devices, but we had to lie and say it wasn't about 4G at all, but only applied to those devices 🤣 now they got their wish!
smazi

Jan 19, 2011, 10:06 AM
Gotta say, the extra data charge for smarty phones sounds more consistent than just the 4G ones, but telling folks it's not for the 4G... Some think it would be better to phrase the new change as smartphone data plans start at 79.99, which is fine for individual. The add-on is the only way to explain it on a share plan though.

Still, it's gonna drive a lot of unhappy callers my way, which is NO fun at all. That and the other brilliant move of basically cutting off a TON of premier customers from their early upgrades.
phantom mullet

Jan 19, 2011, 10:13 AM
I laughed when I heard about this change. It seems kinda cheeky to me.

Hopefully they'll change the names of the plans so I don't have to hear any more "I'm on an EVERYTHING plan!!"

We could call it a "You'll Shit Gold" plan and I still wouldn't suggest you sift through your stool.
famoussasjohn

Jan 19, 2011, 10:25 AM
Same here, came in at 6 and saw the TINC update and literally thought of the next person I talk to will complain about this.

Kind of makes me wonder what will be announced the first week of February if we have something crazy coming, or just another Android phone 🙄
He who Lurks

Jan 19, 2011, 10:03 AM
Welcome to what we AT&T reps have to deal with. You're welcome!
me12

Jan 19, 2011, 10:50 PM
Except some of our policies are wacky! 🙄

Good luck Sprint! 😁
olderthandirt

Jan 19, 2011, 1:29 PM
Nothing Sprint does surprises me. They got to find ways to make sure they generate bonus funds for the new year.

We are supposed to now sell at least 5.00 per call in sales now. It was amost a 1.00 jump from month before per call. Say goodbye to sales bounus.

If they could only find a way to get rid of min wage all would be right in their world.
Amarantamin

Jan 19, 2011, 2:44 PM
I love the sales goal jumps... working harder than ever to make the same money as last month is a fun and exciting challenge!

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.