Jan 8, 2011, 11:35 PM
a cheap Jew. More accurately, a Jew.

👀
olderthandirt

Jan 10, 2011, 5:00 PM
That is beyond wrong. Save bigotry for somewhere else
He who Lurks

Jan 10, 2011, 6:38 PM
How is it any more bigoted than patel? DE 2 Philly wants honest answers, not politically correct ones.
olderthandirt

Jan 10, 2011, 9:14 PM
it is not about being pc. I care less and perhaps your are right and it is in jest. I just happen to know personally people who survived camps and have family that were there when the camps were found.
There is no jokes about that, now or ever
phantom mullet

Jan 11, 2011, 9:19 AM
I don't recall him mentioning the Holocaust. He just made a statement based on the stereotype that Jews are cheap.

Try not to get worked up over nothing.
bigyosky123

Jan 15, 2011, 8:40 PM
and what about ghetto blacks????

They were slaves....

You sir are making something outta nothing!
Joby Dick

Jan 10, 2011, 8:21 PM
I'm merely making an observation.
Cellular Phone

Jan 21, 2011, 9:53 AM
I am a Jew and I am very easy to please, and I'm not cheap. Dude, quit hatin' on my people!
Joby Dick

Jan 21, 2011, 10:18 AM
Then you are a rare find.

So you think that stereotype is false? My mother decided to get involved with a Jew for some asinine reason, but he is the cheapest asshole I've ever met. He just put a bad taste in my mouth against Jews.
Cellular Phone

Jan 21, 2011, 10:22 AM
Joby Dick said:
Then you are a rare find.

So you think that stereotype is false? My mother decided to get involved with a Jew for some asinine reason, but he is the cheapest asshole I've ever met. He just put a bad taste in my mouth against Jews.

Don't judge a whole group based on one bad apple. Should I judge all Muslims because of the terrorists? No. Should I judge all Christians because of Fred Phelps and his group of hate-mongers? No. Should I judge all Democrats because of Obama? No. Should I judge all Republicans because of Bush? No.

Should I judge all cell phone customers because of a plethora of idiot customers..well in this case...YES!
eliasarcade

Jan 21, 2011, 10:27 AM
I also knew personally some Jews in school. They were obscenely arrogant and hateful. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you believe that you are part of a chosen people, yeah?
Joby Dick

Jan 21, 2011, 10:31 AM
Sorry, that's my other screen name.
Cellular Phone

Jan 21, 2011, 11:41 AM
eliasarcade said:
I also knew personally some Jews in school. They were obscenely arrogant and hateful. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you believe that you are part of a chosen people, yeah?

The notion of Jews as a chosen people is hotly debated in our own community. The orthodox say we were chosen by G-d to take Torah, yet the more Reformed Jews say, we chose G-d and Torah. The Reconstructionist Jews reject the chosen people status all together, and we reject some of the more mythical elements of Judaism such as a messiah to come, and the end of times.

We are not perfect, but don't judge us from a few bad apples.

I certainly don't judge all Christians by the one bad experience I had from a psycoti...
(continues)
Joby Dick

Jan 21, 2011, 5:13 PM
I will judge you for what you (generalized) are, although I will not let my judgement interfere with the chance of becoming friends. I guess my mindset is 'guilty until proven innocent.' In this case, guilty signifies adherence to a certain stereotype (i.e., a Jew being a cheap, arrogant person) and innocent signifies that the person I was judging is in fact not of said stereotype.

The truth is, we all operate that way. I just admit it.
Menno

Jan 10, 2011, 4:58 PM
Since we're all being racist and sexist here. The worst by far are the soccer moms.

The ones who have money (but not from their jobs) flaunting it with clothes and other expensive trinkets, but demand free devices and discounted services from you because they're "Important"

They're also unwilling to take the time to understand their device, instead just giving it to you and demanding a new one (for free) because it doesn't work. And then you do a battery pull and it's fine.
iljaaf21

Jan 17, 2011, 2:35 PM
I have to agree with this one, 100%! They come in with their gucci bags and stillettos, and want free iPhones because they think they are important. Even though they just upgraded 2 months ago.
Or when you ask for their ID, they ask why you need it. Or say, 'well, you just don't know who I am!' Of course I don't know who you are, that's WHY I'm asking for it! 🙄
He who Lurks

Jan 10, 2011, 6:29 PM
PATEL
He who Lurks

Jan 11, 2011, 5:00 PM
Changed my mind. It's guys from Indi with names like ADGODAGJSAD:LGJSAD:LGJSD:LGJK
olderthandirt

Jan 10, 2011, 9:12 PM
Only ones that bother me are those that are very much trying to get something for nothing.

Many do not understand their plans and phones. That I can handle.
Amarantamin

Jan 10, 2011, 9:20 PM
The forum browers.

This custoemr has spent the past several weeks searching every remotely tech-related forum for "Secret phone plans your carrier does not want you to know about!"

This customer calls in wanting a promotional employee package nobody has heard of since early 2002 and threatens to call the CEO to have you fired whilst namedropping a marketting manager who's not been with the company for several years. He knows this plan exists, somewhere in time, and therefor you can retrieve it for him now because he's such a good customer.

Good luck with this guy; he has old information and plans on using it!
olderthandirt

Jan 10, 2011, 10:01 PM
😁 If we could spend more than 6 minutes we could send him in search of the holy grail of phone plans.

Perhaps a search of the carefully hidden mandrin chinese? written instrutions would be good to start.

or could give him the facebook page of the ceo (or someone with the same name) and see what happens.

After all, since the plans are listed on the web page and our system we know nothing and therefore are useless

Long live ignorance
Poking Pixie

Jan 10, 2011, 10:12 PM
The customers who think that just because they've been a longtime customer (see 1 year) that they deserve a free (fill in the blank) and are righteously indignant when we can't give it to them. Usually angry white men in their 40's who live in the New York, New Jersey, Philly, Massachusetts area.
phantom mullet

Jan 11, 2011, 9:33 AM
On my team when someone gets a Patel call they mute their mic and alert the rest of us.

We get a ton of them, and they're never good calls. 🤣

I'm glad to know we're not the only ones that dread the Patels.
tmorep03

Jan 11, 2011, 1:12 PM
Worst customer is the Ghetto person. The person can be white or black but once they sound ghetto their horrible. I get the call and just want to hang up cause i know thier not going to have the credit for anything. Then when you come back and tell them what thier approved for they want to fight with you over it. I want to tell its not my fualt you didnt pay your bills on time or you dont have good credit. Those are my favorite kind of calls cause the always want the best phone out but yet have no cc or have no credit.
Harlequinn23

Jan 13, 2011, 11:38 PM
Is I had a lady earlier with the last name of Patel, and she wanted a new phone cuz hers didnt work, in her choice of color, and a credit of several hundred dollars so she could go to a different carrier..... 🙄
edzero

Jan 13, 2011, 4:45 PM
This is a tough one.
My Top 5 least favorite in no particular order.

1. The Eurotrash. They have the Russian or Eastern European accent and smell heavily of cheap cologne. Watch too much Jersey Shore and "think" they know everything about MY job.

2. The elderly that want iphones/androids/windows/berrys...they dont know the first thing about what the device does or how to do anything with it. Then you see them every day for the next month with a different daily question.

3. The rich/cheap customer. They usually drive the really nice car and never park in a parking spot, always in the fire lane. Want everything free/cheap. Want everything done for them including setting up bluetooth in their car. and if you dont do all of...
(continues)
cellphoneguy

Jan 14, 2011, 10:24 AM
I am going to say it's the 23 year old kid that thinks he knows everything about cell phones and the way they work. Also this customer wants to try and tell you that your wrong when you give them an answer to a question they have and thats when a simple reply of " i work here and you dont" will usually shut them up 😈
Da_Bonehead

Jan 14, 2011, 2:46 PM
I would answer with "if I am wrong then you must know the answer. So why did you ask that question?"
Mossberg

Jan 17, 2011, 1:30 AM
San Francisco is California concentrate. These people are so dumb, they get into high speed chases, just to get on t.v. They are so liberal, homosexuals call them gay.

I am one that appreciates all my customers, but out of all 50 states that I deal with, I wish a tsunami would just wash those pompus, smug Northern Cali sheep and their stupid entitled @$$3$, and the lazy no good Southern Cali, welfare having ghetto scum into the ocean.

If you are from Cali and this offends you, welcome to self awareness. You people think your so cool with you fifty million California songs, that provide you with a false sense of security, making you think that you actually matter.

I don't follow instructions very well. This was suppose to b...
(continues)
tmorep03

Jan 17, 2011, 10:11 AM
i am going to disagree with you that one. I think the southern customers are worse than people from cali. The southern hale the nation around the gulf area sucks to talk to.
Mossberg

Jan 17, 2011, 10:41 AM
Haven't you heard of good old Southern hospitality? I love Southerners and Easterners. Those people have manners.

New York peeps sound abrasive, but they are generally intelligent and listen to reason.
tmorep03

Jan 17, 2011, 11:03 AM
Not the southerns i get. I work in sales sooo the southerns calling me are wanting new service and they always want the best thing out there but dont have the money to get. I am just tired of telling how they cant even get a contract based on their credit.
KioskGuy

Jan 17, 2011, 3:07 PM
I gotta disagree with you about the Southerners. I live in SC and in my experience, Southern hospitality is mostly a myth. Not only are most of the people here rude, but they can be very, very ignorant as well. And I'm not just talking in a work capacity, I mean I see this every day in every possible situation.
smazi

Jan 17, 2011, 7:51 PM
For the most part, southerners are my favorite people to talk to. They talk a little slow, like I do, and they tend to be respectful and friendly. Not always, and heaven knows I've some some baddies like we all have, but I prefer them to just about anyone in the urban northeast or northern plains states 🙂
Poking Pixie

Jan 17, 2011, 9:07 PM
I lived in Texas for the first 7 years of my life, my mom's whole side of the family still lives in Texas, and I can talk to people in Texas. For the most part, people from Texas have never behaved in a douchy fashion towards me.
sweetcherrygurl

Jan 18, 2011, 1:21 PM
i like southerners too. i've dated a guy from alabama and spoken with many reps from southern states. they're usually very polite, and i adore their accents lol
He who Lurks

Jan 17, 2011, 1:46 PM
tell us how you really feel?
sweetcherrygurl

Jan 18, 2011, 1:19 PM
Mossberg said:
San Francisco is California concentrate. These people are so dumb, they get into high speed chases, just to get on t.v. They are so liberal, homosexuals call them gay.

I am one that appreciates all my customers, but out of all 50 states that I deal with, I wish a tsunami would just wash those pompus, smug Northern Cali sheep and their stupid entitled @$$3$, and the lazy no good Southern Cali, welfare having ghetto scum into the ocean.

If you are from Cali and this offends you, welcome to self awareness. You people think your so cool with you fifty million California songs, that provide you with a false sense of security, making you think that you actually matter.

I don't follow instruction
(continues)
squirrelbacon

Jan 18, 2011, 6:10 PM
I agree, most people I've met from nocal are not that bad. Honestly I prefer talking to them on the phone over almost every region. Maybe it's because I work sales, generally calls from northern cali end up in a sale. except for oakland 😳
RobbieJnn

Jan 18, 2011, 7:01 PM
obviously there are going to be good hard working people in san fransico/north cali or else it wouldnt exist as a major city or region. its the internet, dont take things so personal and just agree with the guy and let him rant sheesh

So... take your 563 professional cali sports teams and hush.

look im human, i have opinions too and i believe their the best in the whole world because its what i have to say. See what i did there?
Mossberg

Jan 19, 2011, 2:43 PM
🤣

Nobody talks to you that way, huh?

Do you see what I did there?

🤣

I swear I'm only playing, and I really don't want to tick anybody off.
coowguy

Feb 3, 2011, 9:21 PM
Working for both TMo and VZW I can say that the people I hate to talk to the most on the phones are from 4 states: California, New York, New Jersey and Boston. I'll also thrown in the city of Brotherly Love, Philadelphia. The Cali's from the west coast believe they DESERVE something for nothing. They feel they're entitled to this or that...etc.
The East Coast A$$holes want WHAT they want WHEN they want it because they WANT it...AND THEY WANT IT NOW!!!
Dealing with your butt pirates makes me want to vom every time I hear some jackoff accent from Buoston and New Yok. Philly's just full of jerks. You might as well call it New Jersey/York or for short, New Jerk. Fits appropriately.
callcenterrep69

Feb 6, 2011, 4:44 PM
Hehe...New Jerk...hehe
pickles

Feb 6, 2011, 11:10 PM
boston isn't a state bro.
wizardofCroz

Feb 7, 2011, 1:43 PM
Don't forget the great state of Philadelphia
pickles

Feb 7, 2011, 3:40 PM
ah yes, the state of brotherly love
llama

Feb 7, 2011, 8:18 PM
You racist SOBs!
OfAMightDivine

Feb 7, 2011, 8:32 PM
Such a hateful old man.... tsk tsk.
llama

Feb 7, 2011, 9:22 PM
DE 2 Philly said:
Cheap bartering Indian AKA - Patel?

Joby Dick said:
a cheap Jew. More accurately, a Jew.

Joby Dick said:
My mother decided to get involved with a Jew for some asinine reason, but he is the cheapest asshole I've ever met. He just put a bad taste in my mouth against Jews.
dj89

Feb 7, 2011, 9:40 PM
But some of the posts DO require an obsidian sense of humor...
Joby Dick

Feb 7, 2011, 11:42 PM
my friends. We all joke using bigotry and racism. Sometimes, that same morbid sense of humor sneaks online. Even my posts defending my comments were littered with that same sarcastic bigotry. I meant no offense by the posts I made.
Joby Dick

Feb 7, 2011, 8:48 PM
'cause of all that profanity!

This thread has been closed by a moderator.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.