Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 9 replies

Customer Care Rep Just asked...

me12

Dec 6, 2010, 10:22 PM
if our system has any Blackberry RIM's in stock.... 🙄

Thought I would educate the girl and informed her that RIM is the OS on the phone... and not a style of phone. 😲 😳
poperp98

Dec 6, 2010, 11:56 PM
But RIM is the manufacturer...
Research in Motion.
The operating system is literally called Blackberry...

Tl;dr: you were actually, both wrong.

🤣
This_Troper

Dec 7, 2010, 12:00 AM
Point being, a care rep shouldn't have had to ask that at all. Which of those two is the OS is fairly moot.
me12

Dec 7, 2010, 1:36 PM
Yeah, she should have asked if we have the BBerry Torch...
ccareatatt

Dec 14, 2010, 9:54 PM
Yeah in their defense they were probably new and the description in the biller reads RIM 9800 for the torch...
Amarantamin

Dec 14, 2010, 10:15 PM
Blackberry is not the name of the operating system, it's the name of the phone series. The operating system is blatantly named 'OS', followed by a number.
dj89

Dec 14, 2010, 11:01 PM
Semantics, semantics.
This_Troper

Dec 14, 2010, 11:08 PM
It was semantic from the get-go. This is probably the most on topic that you'll find from Amarantamin in Shop Talk, so enjoy!
Amarantamin

Dec 15, 2010, 4:31 PM
This post is a perfect example of my inability to stay on-topic.
olderthandirt

Dec 15, 2010, 3:42 PM
According to the customer calls I see it is actually called a BlueBerry and it has no operating system. This explains why no texting or data avaiable when needed. Apparently the only way to get it to work is call care to have everything manually sent by the magic buttons care has

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.