Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 10 replies

Sprint, is it too much to ask

smazi

Nov 27, 2010, 8:25 PM
I work in a vendor call center for Sprint customer care. More and more lately I'm getting customer questions that I can't answer via the various tools we have. The information is either out of date or absent. My supervisor isn't helpful, and help desk doesn't know either. I am a knowledge junkie. I hate not knowing something. Even worse, looking like a fool to a customer.

I do not know who to ask for the information I lack, or who to report the lack of information to. No one has the time to be helpful in our call center it seems.

*seriously frustrated*
Dollgrin

Nov 27, 2010, 8:53 PM
It was the same way in store when I worked there. I hardly ever got a real answer to any questions I had and had to resort to other sites to get them, if they were even accurate. My manager really didn't how to answer any questions with something other than "just sell a phone and get out of my face"
me12

Nov 29, 2010, 1:33 PM
Go see if your trainer can get something started. Our's here keeps everything up to date with information.
dj89

Nov 29, 2010, 4:50 PM
I KNOW! I work for Sprint in a vendor site too, and it's frustrating.

If the answer is not in our knowledge system, I usually have to resort to one of Sprint's numerous Escalations queues, and some of them don't know what they're doing either.

Just out of curiosity, where is your site?
smazi

Nov 29, 2010, 8:01 PM
I'd really rather not say where I am (parnoia may destroy ya 👀 ) but our escalation options are limited. We can get 'em to a sup if they say the magic words ("I want to speak with a supervisor") but otherwise we have to put 'em on hold and ask floor support or our immediate sup (if they're around). Techhy stuff can got o tech support, and people threatening to cancel can go to retention, but most stuff I get tripped up on is questions I think I should have the answers to. But I don't and can't find 'em. 🙄
smiliey

Nov 29, 2010, 9:26 PM
google it. 😲
smazi

Nov 29, 2010, 11:57 PM
We don't get access to google at work, but I sometimes come home and google things that I want to know in case another customer asks on the same topic. We do have access to Phonescoop, so I sometimes search here for things as well.
Mr. Scary

Nov 30, 2010, 5:10 AM
And whatever the issue is isn't covered in the user guide, and you can't Google the info and can't find it easily and nobody will help you, then just provide the customer with the manufacturer's tech support line.

Service carrier reps really don't have the time or thre training to teach customers how to use their phones step by step. That's what user guides are for, but sometimes an issue isn't addressed by the user guide.
smazi

Nov 30, 2010, 9:21 AM
That's a great idea, if that's what the question's about. Sometimes it's about a carrier feature, not a phone feature. Customers have been asking what kind of web content filtering Sprint provides. It's mentioned on the web site, under parental controls, but there are no instructions for setting it up. Only a link to a page where you can block wireless web.

These parents don't want to block it, but they'd like to keep their kids off adult sites. Via some googling (on my time) I found that some phones themselves can have web filter apps installed on them, which is useful info. But near as I can see, Sprint no longer offers any web content filtering. Someone should tell KMS that, since it still refers to the 3 different levels of filtering ...
(continues)
smazi

Nov 30, 2010, 11:27 AM
Thanks for the link. I thought I had read that site already, but this is interesting:

Under Limits and Permissions, click Restrict Wireless Web Access.
Select the phone or device - a green checkmark will appear showing that device is selected. Click Save to restrict Web access.
Restrictions will be added; Web access from your device will be limited to Internet sites deemed appropriate for all ages.

We have been told that using this restriction will shut off web access period. We have been telling customers this for a few months now. I had my sister restrict her kids phones this way, so they'd still be able to use picture mail. I wonder if they can use the web at all.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.