Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 15 replies

Does anyone here work for SPRINT (call center) ?

Robokitty

Oct 15, 2010, 3:17 PM
I need an honest opinion here please. 😎 🙂
serendair

Oct 15, 2010, 3:39 PM
Yes.
island_chica

Oct 15, 2010, 3:43 PM
Yup yup
Robokitty

Oct 15, 2010, 3:46 PM
Ok, well I just got my EVO, under 30 days, doesn't work in my house, bars fluctuate from 0 to 4 to 2 to 1 to 0, etc. I only have this problem in my home which is the obvious problem.

I don't want a different phone/service, but I was told that I don't "qualify" for an airave because I'm a new cust/I have a $150 spending limit. However, a rep I prev talked to stated she could sell me one for $99, another rep said i could get them cheaper on amazon (false).

Any tips or am I basically screwed? ☚ī¸
ZumiezEastCoast

Oct 15, 2010, 3:59 PM
well there back ordered now so it will be a bit before you get one if they send it to you. your probly better off searching for one and get it cheaper. sence your new i dont see them able to get you one for free.
Robokitty

Oct 15, 2010, 4:17 PM
Yeah, I was told it was backordered. Where would I look to get one cheaper? Amazons goes for $200-$400. I love my EVO too much to switch services. 😛 Plus I scuffed a corner of it so I can't even take it back and cancel my service if that's what it came down to. 😡

(Side Note: I've gone through every possible troubleshooting step that could be taken such as having cust service send over the air update, took to Sprint COR store & had them test it, etc. I know that it's the the building I live in that's the problem.)

Anyone else have any advice as well? 🙂
sprintchickwv

Oct 15, 2010, 4:29 PM
Essentially, you're gonna have to wait for the Airave to get back in stock, which won't be until 2011. And then you'll have to fight to get one without shelling out extra money for it. Sorry, dude; it's a pretty difficult situation you're in.
Robokitty

Oct 15, 2010, 4:34 PM
Eh, I figure my best solution is to just reconnect my internet and use my phone with wifi. (& yes I realize airave requires internet) I'm not much of a talking-on-the-phone person, mostly a data user.

I'm just gonna suck it up since HTC has hypnotized me into adoring this goddamn but amazing phone. 🤭
sprintchickwv

Oct 15, 2010, 4:46 PM
It is a magical, beautiful device.
Robokitty

Oct 15, 2010, 4:52 PM
It's my child. ☚ī¸ My poor child is hurting.
Amarantamin

Oct 15, 2010, 4:53 PM
Don't worry, Sprint will buy a new one because the coverage sucks.
Robokitty

Oct 15, 2010, 4:57 PM
I've tried, it only degraded my service even further. 👀
Amarantamin

Oct 15, 2010, 5:22 PM
I'd hire a lawyer and have him call Dan Hesse directly.
Robokitty

Oct 15, 2010, 5:24 PM
No need, I'm a loyal and valuable Sprint customer and have been since September 27th, 2010. They are obligated to give me a new EVO, along with a credit of $300 that I paid for it in the store.
Amarantamin

Oct 15, 2010, 5:28 PM
A complimentary two months of free service, and you'll be even!
Robokitty

Oct 15, 2010, 5:33 PM
I'd say I'll be a satisified customer at that time, and only at that time. 😎

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.