Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 9 replies

I can't remember my info.. why won't you tell me about my account?

Menno

Sep 30, 2010, 9:36 AM
So I had a customer come in. Said his phone didn't work even though he "just got it." so I ask to see the phone.

It's an original, Green LG EnV. Since the phone is approaching 4 years old, that's most likely why it doesn't work anymore.

He asks me to check when he's due to upgrade. So I ask him for his phone number and social.

I enter it, it's the wrong social. He then informs me that it's under his wifes name, but "last time this happened, she added me so I can make changes."

I still tell him we need the info to look it up, but if he can remember the password I might be able to get it a different way. Of course he can't, so he gives me her name and tells me to look it up that way.

I told him I couldn't do that and he sto...
(continues)
Your Curse

Sep 30, 2010, 9:39 AM
and if some fraudsters took and mess their account, to whom they put the blame?

its always us!!!

screw those type of customers...

Sep 30, 2010, 10:58 AM
I was gonna go to the retailer that messed up my upgrade a few months ago, it was never reversed after I took the phone back within the 30 day period.

I am an authorized user on the account. I just want to make sure I have everything before I get there so I can get this settled. What will I need?

ps. its ATT.
Menno

Sep 30, 2010, 11:17 AM
I can't speak specifically for ATT, but you'll basically need what you had to process the upgrade.

Your billing password (it's on there if your authorized) it wouldn't hurt to also have the last four of the social of the primary account holder.

You'll also want the original sales receipt, and the return receipt to show that you got it in that store.

You'll more than likely have to call customer service in the store and have them actually roll back the upgrade, but you need to be in the store so they (the store) can affirm that you actually returned the equipment.

Sep 30, 2010, 12:16 PM
Gotcha!

And what if I dont have the receipt? I think you already answered me this before but thanks again. I believe you said they keep copies of the receipt for 3 years? So hopefully that is the same with ATT stores. I really want to get this fixed because I am probably going to cancel my account when my contract is over in December. And might go to Spring or Verizon.

Thanks again.
wizardofCroz

Sep 30, 2010, 12:52 PM
If it was a corporate store, all you need is your driver's license and the passcode if you have one. they can see the transaction history and override the contract. (usually requires a manager) If it was an authorized retailer, usually they'll ask for the last 4 of the social of the account holder. They'll likely have to call customer service and get them to do the override.

Sep 30, 2010, 2:06 PM
Thanks man. I really need to get this taken care of. Thanks for the tips everyone.
Poking Pixie

Sep 30, 2010, 2:33 PM
Be prepared that some of the store reps might not let you do anything on the account without the primary account holder there with you, even though you are an authorized user. Some reps are d!cks like that.

Sep 30, 2010, 3:37 PM
Thanks for the tip. Only an hour to go till im off.
epik

Oct 5, 2010, 10:49 AM
I don't know how many times I've had an upset customer because they don't know their own password, social, or other information. I can see everything on their account from the beginning, but I still have to verify their information.

So now when they get upset and ask me to just give them information, I occasionally turn to the customer standing next to them and say, "if he were asking for info on YOUR account, would you want me giving it out?"

Usually shuts the guy up. Of course, he gave me a negative survey for it. And when we called the account owner (the guy's wife) about the survey, she thanked us for not letting him have access because they were getting a divorce and he had threatened to cancel her line (which he couldn't have ...
(continues)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.