Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

Plan Compatibility

sprintchickwv

Sep 16, 2010, 5:12 PM
Cst: This $150 a month is too high, I can't do that.
Me: Well, unfortunately, since you have an HTC Hero and an HTC Evo, this is the cheapest plan we can put you on.
Cst: Do you all have any cheaper plans?
Me: Yes we do, but we could not activate your phones on them.
Cst: But I have the $10 data pack on my Evo. Can't I just add data on the other line?
Me: The $10 premium data charge is not an actual data package. It is for the Evo itself. A data pack cannot be added for a smartphone; the system won't accept it.
Cst: So if I got the talk plan and added the $10 premium data, would that work?
Me: No, we cannot activate an Evo on a talk plan. The current plan you have is the cheapest we offer for your two phones. Anything else you could h...
(continues)
Menno

Sep 16, 2010, 5:33 PM
"I have a $15 unlimited vcast vpack plan for my LG 8300, why can't I use the same plan with a Droid x."
PhonemanJ

Sep 17, 2010, 12:28 PM
We get the same kind of conversation in the stores about phones. Customer will come in and say something along the lines of "I just need a simple phone. Something that I can just make and receive calls on. I don't text or use the internet." Then the next words out of their mouths are "Do you have the new Iphone?" or something along those lines.
dnbstyle29

Sep 17, 2010, 4:12 PM
Or the much loved *cringe* phrase:

"Free Blackberry, no data?"

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.