Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 35 replies

When an EMPLOYEE escalates a call...

Robokitty

Sep 4, 2010, 3:59 PM
...it is beyond ridiculous. It's bad enough we have customers yelling/escalating every day but when you try to argue with a policy for the company that YOU work for just as well as I do and you ask to speak to my supervisor just because you'll have to deal with the pissed off customers in your store.

Wow. You fail.

You don't have a chance of winning any more than the customer does. ๐Ÿ˜
Harlequinn23

Sep 4, 2010, 4:02 PM
Or when reps swear up and down that this is this way or that is that, and you catch them, and make them look like a fool... OH! Glorious Jesus! They see the light. Seriously.... thats how it goes.
OrionsVantage

Sep 4, 2010, 4:30 PM
I'm a store rep and i have escalated a call to customer service/COOS exactly three times.

Two of those times it was because the employee on the phone was incorrect about what THEY were telling ME.

There are people in this world who are right and there are people in this world that are wrong. Their job title doesn't mean anything. But i see no reason to not escalate a call if i'm not getting the correct answer.

P.S.
The third call i've escalated is because one of my reps called into customer care and the care rep told the customer to take the phone off of speaker phone and attempted to sell the customer over the phone. That's not allowed by Big Red and i made sure that his supervisor and my account manager knew about ...
(continues)
Harlequinn23

Sep 4, 2010, 4:36 PM
Usually, when reps from stores call into warranty, they tell the customer that they're under warranty, when in reality, they arent, which not only wastes my time, but the customer's as well. Now, I'm not saying every store rep is like that, because there are some out there who arent, but when I get a rep on the line that's being snotty to me just because they're not making a sale and helping a customer instead, and then tries to tell me I'm wrong because they dont know what they're looking for, its ridiculous.
OrionsVantage

Sep 4, 2010, 4:45 PM
I can only judge other reps from stores from what i've been told by customers. That being said i've heard some ridiculous stuff come out of their mouths about what so-and-so rep told them. Again, this is both store reps and call center reps.

With Big Red we have to call Tech support before we deal with warranty claims and i personally don't like dealing with a tech that automatically assumes that i don't know what i'm doing. Most of the time though, i'll swallow my pride and do everything the guy/gal on the phone wants me to do just to shut them up.
OfAMightDivine

Sep 4, 2010, 4:46 PM
OrionsVantage said:
I can only judge other reps from stores from what i've been told by customers.

And there's your problem.
OrionsVantage

Sep 4, 2010, 4:50 PM
Dude, i get that buyers are liars, but when i get a customer that walks into my store and says that the person on the phone said my store could take care of the problem/fix their phone/do a warranty exchange etc couldn't make that up. especially when i hear it several times a month.
newral

Sep 4, 2010, 6:50 PM
you work for a tech store? I say that all the time but is advising customers to go to a tech store not to a regular store.. they might get confuse and ended up going there.. in sprint, tech store changes phones if they can and also repair.. we advise customers to go to store first if they are paying for the service.. ONLY if its a electrical or mechanical issue.. if not, we dont send customers to tech stores..
OrionsVantage

Sep 6, 2010, 10:55 AM
See thats the thing, i DONT work for a tech store. For a customer who doesn't even live around here, nor know where my store is, leads me to believe that they've been told by somebody to "just go into the store, they'll fix it there".

I hate that. I don't send customers to care if i can fix the problem in store.
newral

Sep 8, 2010, 8:01 PM
we say TECH STORES.. but you know how customers from sprint are.. they think a TECH store is ANY store and they go wherever they can find a sprint logo.. is not always a customer rep fault.. custumers just dont know how to follow instruction...
Menno

Sep 12, 2010, 2:49 PM
Customers don't know the difference between a tech store or a sale-only store.

You tell them "Go to the nearest Verizon Wireless store" 9/10 they'll go to whatever store (retailer, kiosk, or tech) that they are closest to and then blame the reps in that store when they got bad information.
PHONESCOOP LORD

Sep 8, 2010, 2:39 PM
ill just hung up on them dont even think twice
Menno

Sep 12, 2010, 2:47 PM
The simple fact of it is, is that I've had countless times where the rep on the other line tries selling my customer an upgrade, or (more often) they tell me customer that they're not in a "real store" and try pointing them to the nearest corp store.
sinister

Sep 5, 2010, 10:56 AM
reminds me of this one store rep that called in. said she worked for cor at&t & wanted to cancel her line with no etf. said that she knew that at&t cancelled & waived the penalty if she was moving to a non at&t area. lol i told her, she was wrong but she said..."lady, i'm cor, i know more than you do & i KNOW for a fact that at&t waives the etf if i'm moving to an area with no coverage.

let's just say i camped on that phone call when i transferred her to saves & listened to her get shot down when saves told her...ummmm...no...yeah...no, you get an etf. you're 100% wrong. ๐Ÿคฃ
This_Troper

Sep 5, 2010, 11:16 AM
AT&T won't waive the ETF if you move out of coverage? LAME.
sinister

Sep 5, 2010, 11:22 AM
lol yep...funny part was, she thought cause she was corporate, that she knew better than i did.

when i explained to the saves rep what she wanting before i transferred her, the saves rep laughed ๐Ÿคฃ
sinister

Sep 5, 2010, 11:25 AM
oh yeah & no they won't cause it's not at&t's fault if you move out of the coverage area AFTER you started the contract. you agreed to the originating contract in an at&t coverage area.

only time at&t waives the etf is if the user is deceased or military & deployed to a non-at&t area.
This_Troper

Sep 5, 2010, 11:48 AM
Just... obscenely terrible.
sinister

Sep 5, 2010, 11:54 AM
i don't think it is...why should at&t be penalized cause you can't reside in one place?
This_Troper

Sep 5, 2010, 11:56 AM
Conversely, why should people be penalized for the unforseen occurences that can occur in a two year span?

Apparently, only the Military get that privilege. And the dead.
sinister

Sep 5, 2010, 1:03 PM
then people should make allowances for the unforeseen & exercise their right to get their equipment on their own without the discount putting them on a month to month basis with no penalty but noooooooooooo they don't.. they feel obligated to put THEMSELVES in the contract by getting the discount on the devices. you don't want the penalty? get the device on your own, dont ask me for a discount & think i'm not gonna hold you to it

pffffffttt....entitlement, that makes me sick ๐Ÿคจ
sprintchickwv

Sep 5, 2010, 1:54 PM
I agree with Troper. Coverage can be so spotty in some areas that you might move two streets over and lose your signal. It's not right that you should be penalized for that.
sinister

Sep 5, 2010, 2:33 PM
then buy the phone on your own, nobody is forcing you to get a contract. the discount is what puts you into the contract, there are plenty of snazzy phones that you can buy out right on your own that will keep you out of contract...i see no guns bein held to anyones head to take advantage of the discount.

discount=contract=etf
no discount=no contract= no etf
sprintchickwv

Sep 5, 2010, 2:33 PM
most people can't afford a phone that isn't discounted. BUT most people should probably have pre-paid anyway. ๐Ÿคฃ
sinister

Sep 5, 2010, 2:52 PM
thats what im sayin...i have pre-paid because i know for certain that i can't afford a post paid account. my money situation is way too iffy to mess with my credit like that if i can't pay the bill or end up getting cancelled with an etf for nonpay.

these people that whine about penalties cause they say they can't afford to buy a cell phone out right...those are the people that need to think about the statement that they just made.

if you can't afford to buy a cell phone out right, good indication you don't need a post paid account.

what they want is to get somethin for nothin. they want at&t to buy them the cell phone & pay the outstanding debt that they leave behind when they can't afford to pay the bill any longer. ergo the no f...
(continues)
joeybuschette

Sep 5, 2010, 11:50 AM
But still. Sometimes people may not have a choice to where they move too. If I lost my job and had AT&T and had to move to find work and moved to a place where I didn't have service I would think they would waive the ETF
sinister

Sep 5, 2010, 12:59 PM
how is the job market in your area at&t's fault...as with a bank loan, you agreed to a contract, you agreed to retain the life of the contract...it's not their fault that your situation changes over the life on the contract.
if at&t abided by that standard, how do you think they would make any revenue? you have to look at this from a business standpoint not a personal standpoint.
sprintchickwv

Sep 5, 2010, 2:00 PM
Sprint will waive the ETF if you can prove your new area has no Sprint or Nextel coverage whatsoever. Because we understand that people actually have lives and ish happens. Guess that's why people don't like dealing with the Big Blue.
poperp98

Sep 5, 2010, 2:50 PM
Yep, that's how we work. If you don't have coverage in that area, no worries; just say so.
sinister

Sep 5, 2010, 3:20 PM
bad business practice...so i can just walk up to you & say for shiz & giggles...hey, i have no coverage..i know you gave me a discount on a phone & i know i agreed to a contract but hey if i lie to you? you gonna waive my etf?

๐Ÿคฃ can't say i blame sprint though, if i was lookin for a post paid carrier...sprint wouldn't be at the top of my list. more than likely verizon or at&t for coverage reasons. guess they have to do what they have to do to attract revenue.

๐Ÿ˜ call me cynical
sprintchickwv

Sep 5, 2010, 3:22 PM
Verizon is probably the best choice. Not as evil as AT&T, better coverage than Sprint, better phones than either carrier, IMHO.
sinister

Sep 5, 2010, 3:43 PM
meh.. a cell phone is a cell phone no matter what the carrier. honestly, if i didn't work for a cell phone company i would really care less about what kind of cell phones are out there.

i have a samsung a257 prepaid phone that i've had for 3 yrs. gets perfect reception & sits in my glove box with $25.00 that has lasted me for almost a yr. emergencies only, i live in the boonies ๐Ÿคฃ

i rely more on my landline phone as should any smart individual with half a brain as my cheap source to keep in contact with my friends & family. magic jack $50.00 for five years, nationwide calling & no long distance charges.

cant' beat that ๐Ÿ˜
ccareatatt

Sep 6, 2010, 1:16 AM
AT&T used to waive the ETF but alot of the accounts where our relocation team was cancelling were either iphone related accounts (buying phone, cancelling, then selling on ebay). Also there were alot of agents at other companies calling in and impersonating customers and changing their billing address to a non coverage area and providing a fake utility bill meanwhile the customer never receives a final bill and the bills were sent to collections. When AT&T questioned the customers it was told to them that the so called company paid for their ETF... (when really they called to get it credited off the bill). See a few people misusing a great policy led to the ETF no longer being waived.
wdfichtel

Sep 13, 2010, 2:08 PM
sprintchickwv said:
Sprint will waive the ETF if you can prove your new area has no Sprint or Nextel coverage whatsoever. Because we understand that people actually have lives and ish happens. Guess that's why people don't like dealing with the Big Blue.

Same policy at T-Mobile. We do require a utility bill or some other proof of the new address so we can check against our coverage map, but then the ETFs are waived.
Robokitty

Sep 5, 2010, 11:58 AM
Yeah, I work for AT&T and ##SOME## CORE reps think they know everything and that I'm just telling them no to be a @$$hole. I've had a rep tell me I didn't know what I was doing and demanded to speak to my supervisor. My supervisor told him the same thing I did.
Burrrrrnnnnn ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ
80dollarcarcharger

Sep 6, 2010, 11:42 AM
usually doesn't work out like that.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.