Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 13 replies

Sorry, I don't know who that rep is, and no, I can't transfer you to them.

Owenu

Aug 6, 2010, 4:00 PM
why do customers think that all Sprint reps know each other, and that we can just connect them to the rep they were just talking to? or any company for that matter? there are thousands of employees for sprint, and i can't just magically connect you back with whoever you were talking too. if the call is disconnected, they are suppose to call you back, but based on how big of a jerk you're being, they probably won't. even if i had a directory of all of Sprint employee extentions, i would not go that extra mile for you, jerk.
deepc

Aug 6, 2010, 4:35 PM
I've had so many times when customers asked if they could call me back directly and of course the answer is no but...for many of them, I think "heck no!!!" I would never want to talk to you again.
Owenu

Aug 6, 2010, 4:50 PM
exactly. i have had those rare instances where the call dropped, they called back, and got me again. 😳 ☹️

If we are talking to a customer, and the call gets disconnected, and it's obvious they didn't just hang up, we have to call them back. if it's a customer i don't want to talk to, i always hope that the voicemail comes on.
deepc

Aug 6, 2010, 5:30 PM
Yikes..we have to get permission to call the customer back if the call drops and it is only approved if you are up to the point of reading legal text and closing a sale.

We get hung up on all the time by rude people who aren't approved for free phones and I'm thankful that we don't have to try to call them back(because I would be tempted to cuss them out for being rude sob's)
serendair

Aug 7, 2010, 4:06 PM
I've had someone go, "You don't sound like an Ernie. =|" At me.

My response is to pretty much sound confused and cautious, "Um... do I sound like an _____, then? o.o"

They usually start laughing at that point and just apologize.
kittie

Aug 8, 2010, 8:52 AM
Owenu said:
exactly. i have had those rare instances where the call dropped, they called back, and got me again. 😳 ☹️

This has happened to me, too! 🤣 🤣
Funny because I intentionally dropped the call, the guy was such a pain in the as$ asking for tons of credits and free stuff. Not even two minutes has passed when another call came in and surprise! Same guy! He was like, "I got disconnected, I think you're the same rep I was talking to?" and I said, 🤭 "Ohh yesss. So may I get your phone number again?" F$&%*&$*#*!!!!!
Owenu

Aug 9, 2010, 2:50 PM
that sucks ☹️ ....when i got the same caller back, she didn't know it was me, but i knew it was her because i was talking to her for a while. i changed the sound of my voice, she changed her story up. i just told her the charges were valid, and offered to transfer her. she gave up and ended the call. 🙂
sinister

Aug 9, 2010, 2:26 PM
that's when you dial their vm deposit number directly 🤣 it doesn't ring on their phone & leaves a vm directly in the box.

"i do apologize sir/ma'am, it looks like we were disconnected. if you get a chance, please call back at --- --- ---- & one of our reps will be more than happy to assist you with your issue."

makes quality happy cause they see the outbound phone call after the call dropped & makes you happy cause you don't have to speak with the shmuck directly again 😁
Owenu

Aug 9, 2010, 2:53 PM
sinister said:
that's when you dial their vm deposit number directly

😳 idk how to do this
sinister

Aug 9, 2010, 4:37 PM
well i don't know how your system is set up but for me when you go to the biller & look in the features section, there is a soc that says voicemail. to the right is a colored in square that you click on that gives the deposit & retrieval number.
the deposit gets you to the vm box to leave a message without dialing the phone & the retrieval is what the customer dials that is auto programmed as "1" on their phones to take them to retrieve a message. 😁
Poking Pixie

Aug 10, 2010, 5:13 PM
Sinister, I love you. I looked in the biller, and there it was. That's awesome. 🤣
sprintchickwv

Aug 9, 2010, 3:11 PM
I love when this happens. One time I got the same irate customer 3 times in a row.

On the second call, she said something about "the last girl I talked to didn't know what she was doing" and I said "Ma'am, I am the last rep you were speaking with." She hung up. And when she called back, she got me again.

She still didn't know it was me, so when she shut her mouth long enough for me to get a word in edgewise, I just said, "Ma'am, I've talked to you for a total of 45 minutes today and you have declined every offer of assistance I've made you. All the information I've given you has been double-checked by my supervisor. You can continue to call as many times as you want to, but it looks like you're going to keep getting me, and I'm not goi...
(continues)
deepc

Aug 9, 2010, 3:25 PM
Ouch!!

Doesn't it just piss you off that there are people who will consistently call back in the hopes that someone will give them a different answer.

I wish there was a detection system that gave a recorded message like "Thanks for playing today. Our system shows that you've called multiple times and refused assistance. You will be restricted from calling in for the next 30 days at which point you will be offered 1 free assistance call. Bye Bye" click
Owenu

Aug 9, 2010, 3:41 PM
it does tick me off. when i give them an answer they don't like, they say, "well the last rep said..." 😡

i know that Cricket has a system like that. there have been a few times where i have called them repeatedly, and then eventually, the automatic system will not connect me to a person, it will keep redirecting me to the automated options, or tell me to go to the store.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.