Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

What's the price of your new phone that isn't out yet???

deepc

Jul 14, 2010, 10:58 AM
OK, so I've had 3 calls in a row from people that want the pricing for the Samsung Vibrant which doesn't come out till tomorrow.

All of them knew that the phone isn't available until tomorrow and two of them gave me snotty attitudes when I told them that pricing wouldn't be available until the phone is released tomorrow.

I just can't understand some of these people. It's just like they have way too much time on their hands and need to waste my time on purpose.

I'm guessing when they call tomorrow that it will be out of stock. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr
retrocool

Jul 14, 2010, 11:42 AM
🤣

I get similar calls.

"When's the such-and-such phone coming out?"

And I gotta tell 'em that we find out maybe a day or two before everyone else does, so we really don't know. Hell, we're told not to give customers a date even on those occasions when we really ARE given an estimated release date, because sh*t happens and they sometimes push the release date back because of it.

Seriously, they should just not announce upcoming phones. Just release 'em when they're ready. If nobody knows when they come out until the day before they come out, and nobody can say when they come out if they find out before that, then just let it all be a big surprise.
deepc

Jul 14, 2010, 12:01 PM
I agree completely. It just makes sense to wait on announcing a new phone till the day it comes out. You avoid wasting the reps time and you might actually be able to control the inventory issues a bit better.
DartStuticus

Jul 14, 2010, 1:59 PM
Unfortunately thats counter productive. The only way to to wait on announcing them would be to develop them internally with a tech group that had no outside contact with the real world. Leaks happen, FCC blueprints filed under freedom of information are known. If announcements weren't made, people would still know about the phones and even more people would call in wanting to order because they don't know then the phone is released.
Downtime24

Jul 14, 2010, 3:04 PM
they callcause they have spare "piss off customer service to make my self feel better" time

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.