Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 18 replies

At an All-Time Low

sprintchickwv

Jul 13, 2010, 8:00 PM
For the first time ever, a customer has been so mean to me that I had to take five minutes off the phone to cry. ☚ī¸
Downtime24

Jul 13, 2010, 8:09 PM
Can i give you a hug ☚ī¸
poperp98

Jul 13, 2010, 8:11 PM
What'd they say? What'd they say?
😈
sprintchickwv

Jul 13, 2010, 9:10 PM
...to get her phone fixed at the shop and you know how long the wait for THAT is, so after 50 minutes, the guy takes a look at the phone, which needs a hard reset, and says 'I don't know how to do a master reset and back up your contacts; I'm fresh out of training and don't know how.' Apparently, there was no other tech in the store, and the customer either did not ask for the manager or he wasn't in. So when she called me, she was on her way to another repair center.

Me: "Do you need the # for the other repair center?"

Her: "No, I just told you I'm on my way, I know where it is."

Me: "Would you like the complaint address so you can file a complaint on the store in question?"

Her: "I just TOLD you I'm driving, how am I supposed t...
(continues)
retrocool

Jul 13, 2010, 9:20 PM
I'd have asked "And....HOW....can I help you?" or "And what can I do for you this evening?"

Because clearly, she's already got what she needs, and if she doesn't need what you can provide, then it's time to end the call.

You should learn this phrase (I use it a lot): "I do apologize for the inconvenience." It can help.
poperp98

Jul 14, 2010, 4:11 PM
I feel for you... Keep your head up. Some customers just blow. Straight up. Just remember; we do all we can to help these people. You tried to see what the customer wanted, which seems like they wanted nothing but to b1t
rebel86

Jul 13, 2010, 8:24 PM
Don't cry over those stupid customer's, there will always be an hurtful comment but just kill them with kindness with a smile on your face, trust e you'll piss them off and make agreat score on your quality. đŸ¤Ŗ 😛
sprintchickwv

Jul 13, 2010, 8:51 PM
I was really nice to her for the whole call, but she interpreted one of the very first things I said as being 'flippant' and 'cavalier' and from then on, nothing I said could be right for her.
Poking Pixie

Jul 13, 2010, 9:05 PM
Cust learned how to use big words like 'flippant' and 'cavalier.' I'd almost prefer monosylabic grunts. 😁
retrocool

Jul 13, 2010, 9:20 PM
đŸ¤Ŗ
retrocool

Jul 13, 2010, 9:15 PM
Next time they get that mean, just "accidentally" hang up on them. You don't get paid to be emotionally abused.
kittie

Jul 14, 2010, 7:13 AM
Yeah, that's right, hang up on those bitches, instead of dealing with their crap. They don't deserve to be talking on the phone with us..heck they don't even deserve to have a phone.
wildscent

Jul 14, 2010, 9:13 AM
Yeah, no phones for STUPID customers 😁 😁 😁 😁 😁
deepc

Jul 14, 2010, 9:21 AM
or..instead of hanging up on them...transfer them to Spanish. I love the thought of a raving a$$hole being transfered and hearing "Gracia por llamada T-mobile"

đŸ¤Ŗ
viper27

Jul 14, 2010, 3:44 PM
if stupid people were not allowed to have phones, ALOT of us would be out of work. đŸ¤Ŗ
deepc

Jul 14, 2010, 9:19 AM
Unfortunately, there are just people like that in the world who get a thrill by bringing someone else down with them because they are having a bad day.

When I get a customer like that, I do my best to stay calm and...I flip off my computer monitor and think about the lovely things that I'd like to say to them if I weren't being recorded. The finger always calms me down a bit 🙂

Hang in there and take your time with the great customers when you encounter them(yes I know that that have become a minority but they're still out there)
andyandjustinarebetter

Jul 14, 2010, 12:51 PM
strange... i usually make the customer cry. 😛

once had a customer crying as she left my store... carrying a bag with her brand new phone in it! muhahahaha! 😈
viper27

Jul 14, 2010, 3:45 PM
awesome!! lol
ecycled

Jul 20, 2010, 3:45 PM
sometimes these accounts like this one ....

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.