Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 13 replies

It's about God, yo!

This_Troper

Jun 23, 2010, 10:18 PM
I feel very awkward when a customer says "God Bless you," or something similar. I fall into the "miscellaneous" section of religion, and was actually raised to Avoid saying that to people.

Anyone else feel the same way?
Blue_Sunshine

Jun 23, 2010, 10:30 PM
I do sometimes feel awkward, but just tend to think of it as every path leads to the same road sort of thing.

More awkward to me is the people who publicly ask me if they can pray for me, I say yes, and all of a sudden they are holding onto my arm, and being very verbal with the god, and Jesus.

Sometimes the weirdest stuff happens.
CustomersAreRubbish

Jun 23, 2010, 10:39 PM
Being a hardcore Atheist I used to hate this. Just their way of really wishing me a good day/life so I don't complain anymore. Plus, there's no god (to me at least) anyway so nothing weird about saying "Bless you as well" or something.
MexicanJumpingBean

Jun 24, 2010, 8:07 AM
There's nothing I like better than the customers who leave religious materials with us at the store. Knowing Jesus loves me always puts a smile on my face 😁
famoussasjohn

Jun 24, 2010, 8:12 AM
Just say, you too, you dont have to say it back like they said it.
wyckdkitty

Jun 24, 2010, 8:43 AM
I take it as a compliment, say "thank you" and move on 🙂
freephones4all

Jun 24, 2010, 12:20 PM
Seriously, just be polite and say, thank you.
This_Troper

Jun 24, 2010, 5:24 PM
That I do, of course. Perhaps I overanalyze the situation, but maybe there's some tension when I don't ask for God to bless them back?

What if I get surveyed, and they're all "He did a great job, but I always give potential Heathens a very Low Score"?
ochne

Jun 24, 2010, 1:01 PM
You could be a complete nutjob about it and say "My master will own your soul soon." then give a wonderfully evil laugh. Probably wouldn't have your job very long.....but it could be entertaining if you're really really bored.
deepc

Jun 24, 2010, 1:49 PM
Just smile and wish them a happy Hanna-rama-kwans-mis
retrocool

Jun 24, 2010, 5:00 PM
It does feel a little odd, since you sort of have to do a mental gearshift, but since I'm a Christian as well I usually just return the greeting and let it go.
sprintchickwv

Jun 25, 2010, 5:12 PM
I'm solidly agnostic, but I usually just reply with a warm "Thanks, same to you." I understand the intentions are good and that matters more to me than semantics.
kapwww

Jun 26, 2010, 3:14 AM
I would reply "If God blessed me, I wouldn't be stuck in this crappy dead-end job putting up with people like you"
Vosberg1

Jun 26, 2010, 9:14 AM
I just move on, but of course i will reply with the same, as i am Christian

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.