Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 10 replies

Phones that break themselves

rlpinca

Jun 19, 2010, 12:16 PM
It's not uncommon at all to have people calling in demanding a new phone for free or to pay $20 for another one.

Why?

Cause their phone cracked it's screen all by itself. It was just sitting in a case and in the morning it was broken. πŸ™„These people are the most argumentative of any other callers.

What a fun day.
foreverfiction

Jun 19, 2010, 12:24 PM
haha.

I had a lady who called claiming her sim card melted inside her phone. She insisted she didnt leave it in a hot car or anything, nor did I believe, but demanded a new phone; FREE. πŸ™„
ecycled

Jun 19, 2010, 12:31 PM
The customer line is...

"Yeah I went to bed last night and I woke up this morning and its now (broken/liquid filled)"

I've thought about this and the answer to their problem is just don't go to sleep because thats when the phone gets messed up - all by itself.
rlpinca

Jun 19, 2010, 12:36 PM
One morning my phone was on the other side of the night stand than what I usually put it.

Damn thing is possessed. I'm just glad it's careful when it's walking around my house and jumping off of coutners. 😁 And let's not forget that they also access the internet all night long too.
crazybutlovable

Jun 19, 2010, 12:37 PM
phones like to party at night, like go swimming, drinking
Da_Bonehead

Jun 19, 2010, 2:47 PM
😁 Phones getting abducted by aliens in the middle of the night. the crack in it is from when the aliens tried to probe it.
MexicanJumpingBean

Jun 19, 2010, 2:53 PM
those aliens must be the same ones who sign up for all the premium text messages 🀨
Da_Bonehead

Jun 19, 2010, 3:19 PM
That's them. The work for Predicto Mobile.
Sigma1570

Jun 19, 2010, 3:57 PM
We get those all the time....

"It was just in my pocket and I pulled it out to use it and the screen was spiderglassed! That should be covered by warranty! I didn't bump up against anything or slam in it my car door I swear! at&t sucks I'm going to pay my $500 in termination fees and go to verizon where they know how to treat a customer!"

^^^^ insert water damage as alternate ^^^^

I had a customer leave a negative comment against me because she washed her phone in the washing machine and she didn't want to sign a contract to get her phone for free and now she "has her 2 year contract marked on her calendar so she can cancel and go to verizon because her daughter washed her phone in the washing machine too and they just GAVE her a fr...
(continues)
Da_Bonehead

Jun 19, 2010, 4:12 PM
I love when people say that. it is so crazy. They always say well i know someone who had the samething happen to them and they got a free phone from "carrier XYZ". what they don't say is that the person they were talking about signed a new contract.
rlpinca

Jun 19, 2010, 4:16 PM
That or that "someone" paid retail price and didn't want to look like a fool or get yelled at by spouse for spending $300. So they told a story about how xxxxx company gave it to them for free.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.