Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 11 replies

life force almost gone

freephones4all

Jun 9, 2010, 9:45 AM
This giant alien life sucking machine, camouflaged as a call center, has sucked away most of my life force. I fear I will be replaced by an alien pod person by the end of the week. The only thing that is keeping me awake is the sharp pain from the knife in my back. Id leave if I had the energy....
wompwomp

Jun 9, 2010, 9:53 AM
1. Do your eyes look like this?: ๐Ÿ˜ณ
2. Do you feel like you are starting to look similar to the hunch back of notre dame?
3. Do you want to shove your computer off of the desk? Or rather, do you just want to rage and throw the monitor out of the window?
4. When you do leave your pod (though, it is not often) do you look around you and notice/name the phones that you recognize from the company you work for?
5. Does your mouth feel like it is set to match this : ๐Ÿคจ one?

If you answered yes to all 5 questions, I apologize, however your body is already taken over by the alien pod.
If you answered yes to 3 questions... danger will robbinson!
If you only answered yes to 1 or 0 questions, what are ya complainin' for?!
ecycled

Jun 9, 2010, 10:57 AM
oh wow. thats a perfect 5 question test. I've been doing this 4 years and I answered yes to all 5.

๐Ÿคจ perfectly describes my work face too.

I would say an alien pod replaced me after 6 months on the job, but after hours I get to be me (although I do still recognize phone models).
wompwomp

Jun 9, 2010, 11:10 AM
when I leave, i'm definitely more of myself. I think my nerd status has gone up 10 points for being able to talk about operating systems though...
kittie

Jun 11, 2010, 9:02 AM
And to think that some people say that call center life is easy? โ˜น๏ธ
ruler_goddess

Jun 11, 2010, 12:09 PM
Physically our job is extremely easy. Our job's are mentally demanding there is alot of stress that goes with this job!
ecycled

Jun 11, 2010, 12:14 PM
Thats only if you care, if you don't care then working in the cell phone industry is awesome.

I care. I hate problems I can't fix, makes me feel bad when cust has a phone that doesn't work for no reason, and I can't help.
kittie

Jun 11, 2010, 1:31 PM
Feeling stressed emotionally and mentally is worse than physical hardwork. ๐Ÿ˜ข
It just takes too much out of 'ya...at the end of the day, I'm still wondering how I would drag my feet for the next day's shift.... ๐Ÿ˜ข
ruler_goddess

Jun 11, 2010, 6:21 PM
I hear you there. I stopped caring about these stupid people a long time ago.
iljaaf21

Jun 15, 2010, 3:00 PM
It scares me, because I can't stop reconizing phone models. I answered yes to all 5 questions, and I've only been with this company for 16 months.
kittie

Jun 15, 2010, 3:12 PM
What scares me the most is sometimes I even dream about work, calls, customers, spiels, offers..presentations..sales...so on and so forth.. ๐Ÿ˜ณ ๐Ÿ˜ณ ๐Ÿ˜ณ
Amarantamin

Jun 15, 2010, 3:17 PM
I hate those dreams! I should get paid for them, because they seem so real... That, or realize they are dreams while I'm dreaming, and have fun with it and tell cusotmers off... ๐Ÿคค

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.