Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 10 replies

Shift bids, the last straw

rlpinca

Jun 2, 2010, 3:38 PM
So we're doing shift bids tomorrow which take effect in 2 weeks. Ranking is 30% tenure and 70% stats(the ones that don't matter though).

Although I have been fairly consistant in being top 3 or 4 in my team for sales, a QA average that stays around 90%(pretty high for this place), and schedule compliance towards the top for the whole place, I'm 165 of 166.

When I asked for clarification I was told the ranking was done for the stats ending March 18. That covers the first week and a half I was on the phone when my stats didn't even show up in the system.

Yup, I'm moving on very soon.
rainbow_metals

Jun 2, 2010, 3:46 PM
😲 😳
you only started at the beginning of march and are already complaining about how the system works? get used to be screwed over when working in the cell industry.
rlpinca

Jun 2, 2010, 3:51 PM
This place is special.
Poking Pixie

Jun 2, 2010, 5:04 PM
Unfortunately, that happens to all of us. When I was in training class, they told us we wouldn't have to participate in the next shift bid which was coming up in the next month or so. We hadn't been out on the floor for more than 3 weeks when shift bids came up and we were forced to participate, even though we had previously been assured that we wouldn't. For most of us we kept the same hours, they just changed our days off, so maybe they'll do the same for you.
rlpinca

Jun 2, 2010, 5:07 PM
My current shift isn't going to be available and the 164 other people are going to pick the shifts without split days off.

I was planning on bouncing anyways.
Hamster

Jun 4, 2010, 8:06 AM
and you sound like a little kid who is mad they dont get their way. deal with it and grow a little. have a day
80dollarcarcharger

Jun 4, 2010, 9:46 AM
Your name is hamster but you sound more like a troll 😛
rlpinca

Jun 4, 2010, 1:59 PM
yo momma
kingjerm420

Jun 4, 2010, 2:02 PM
Should be ranked by tenure, period! Stats don't matter, in fact, my stats are usually high because I actually take time to resolve all issues. 👿
rlpinca

Jun 4, 2010, 2:12 PM
Stats do matter in a sales position. I'm not talking about handle time or anything. Total sales per day/week/whatever, schedule compliance, and QA aren't figured in at all but those are what we get the most feedback/pressure on.
retrocool

Jun 4, 2010, 4:01 PM
We had shift bids recently. I placed quite a bit higher than you did, but then they decided to abandon the shift bidding thing, at least for now.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.