Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 14 replies

rlpinca, 2 questions

Poking Pixie

May 21, 2010, 8:33 PM
1. What does your screen name mean?

2. Who are you, it's driving me nuts? I know who scootypuff is, I know who ads is, but I don't know who you are. You must be on one of the night teams since you are still replying to my threads. Give me a hint, pleeeeeeease. 😁
rlpinca

May 21, 2010, 8:40 PM
It's a screen name I picked years ago in the Marines when I needed one in a hurry for an internal dos based program. I just chose my initials RLP and I was in California (ca) at the time. So I've used the same screen name since '95.

I'm the redneck in the white and tan striped shirt sitting over on the team that closes.
Scootypuffjr

May 21, 2010, 8:44 PM
I totally thought your name was ripinca lol
Poking Pixie

May 21, 2010, 8:46 PM
I'm sitting next to the large green and pink plant.
rlpinca

May 21, 2010, 8:48 PM
Ok, I thought it was you.

You had said something before the big move.
Poking Pixie

May 21, 2010, 8:49 PM
Thaaaaaaat's me!

So apparently I know you.
Poking Pixie

May 21, 2010, 9:21 PM
Is your shirt striped horizontaly, vertically, or is it plaid?
rlpinca

May 21, 2010, 9:46 PM
vertically
KriisCDW

May 21, 2010, 10:58 PM
Get one thought in their head and it sticks their for years...

No room for more I guess

(Disclaimer: I did 5.4 years in the Marines... and yes... I'm also that dense 🙂
bryantkd

May 22, 2010, 8:42 AM
Sorry it is the Army in me

M muscles
A are
R required
I intelligence
N not
E expected

I will admit I have a lot of friends in the marines and they are some awesome guys but sometimes......
rlpinca

May 22, 2010, 10:54 AM
We play that game too

A aint
R ready for the
M Marines
Y yet

Don't make me find that army strong poster with the chubby feller in the PT outfit. 😁
SprintCC

May 22, 2010, 2:04 PM
But, but, he's an army of ONE!

Glad to see other leathernecks here at phonescoop!
bryantkd

May 22, 2010, 3:40 PM
Lol my I had one friend who used to tell me over and over that Marines were better because they went through 3 more weeks of basic training than we did. I always said that was only because we understood our instructorsbthe first time they told us something.

Seriously though. I do have a lot of respect for every branch of the military and regularly thank every service person I meet.

So let me just say to every one on here that has ever been in the military. Thanks for serving
rlpinca

May 22, 2010, 4:04 PM
The extra 3 weeks of bootcamp doesn't really toughen anyone up. It's just more time to play mind games and be treated like kids. Nothing special about it.

Honestly the regular PT we did in the fleet was several times harder than the anything we did in bootcamp. For example, in bootcamp the longest we ran was 5 miles on flat ground. In the fleet we'd do 6 or more 3 times a week through hills.
rlpinca

May 23, 2010, 6:51 PM
http://tinyurl.com/28k887j »

found it, cracks me up every time

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.