Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 6 replies

SIM card

speedy_ames

Apr 13, 2005, 6:12 PM
Can the customers put their old SIM cards in their phones and put all of the information from them in their new phones? Also, can they use their AT&T SIM cards in their Cingular phones? I should know these things, but nobody ever gives me a straight answer! (Big Surprise!)
tadams

Apr 14, 2005, 11:56 AM
nope
Nesper

Apr 20, 2005, 9:56 AM
Yes, you can copy the information from your old SIM to your new one.

No, the ATT SIM will not work with a Cingular phone (and the reverse is true, as well)
gsmcentral

Apr 25, 2005, 5:12 PM
While its true that you cant put an AT&T sim into a locked Cingular Phone. I have a sim copier that copies all info from 1 sim (beit ATT, TMOB, CING) and transfer the info into a new sim. The device attached to a key chain, was sold to me for only $6. Broke after a month but it worked fine for a while.
bigwille

Apr 25, 2005, 5:43 PM
where did you get it? 😳
gsmcentral

Apr 28, 2005, 4:15 PM
The guy who sells me accessories, I'll be getting more. When I do I'll give out the specs, name, etc. At the moment though I cant even find the old one. sorry
burntorange

Apr 29, 2005, 12:39 PM
Most company owned retail cingular stores have a sim data transfer device. If the att or cingular phone were to be unlocked (not and approved step by Cingular) you can run each others sims. Again Cingular will not approve such an action since there are security and quality control issues that can arise from this procedure. But.. it can be done.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.