Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 20 replies

Yes I have an obsession with call centers

80dollarcarcharger

Apr 29, 2010, 2:34 PM
So I know a call center that is hiring close to me and i'm tiring of being inside an actual store selling so I'm thinking of taking a change of scenary and taking the call center job. Any suggestions on if this would be a horrible mistake or what life as a call center rep is actually like?
Downtime24

Apr 29, 2010, 2:46 PM
the calls... oh the calls... but as far as the job itself goes, so long as ur w/ a good company its really not bad at all. like i said, its just your tolerance for the calls.
80dollarcarcharger

Apr 29, 2010, 3:19 PM
Yea, I get some pretty bad ones here at the store but they are probably 1000 worse in the call center
rudedogtrev

Apr 29, 2010, 3:40 PM
Learn to think and talk off the top of your head and expound on a topic like a southern baptist preacher if you plan on taking a call center job. It's a lot different and often times a bit more difficult troubleshooting someone's phone when you can't see the phone itself. Especially when you get a retard that doesn't understand plain instructions...LOL
rlpinca

Apr 29, 2010, 4:18 PM
It's not a hard job, but the grass is always greener on the other side. I'm at a call center thinking about escaping.
bobrings

Apr 29, 2010, 5:24 PM
dont do it, stay in the store.
burntbridges

May 4, 2010, 8:56 PM
i always think your user name is boobrings.. o.O
Owenu

Apr 29, 2010, 5:35 PM
i work in a big call center. it really depends on what dept you're in, and what type of customer service you're doing. you can be in sales, retention, strictly customer service, collections, etc. the experience varies. i'm for Sprint, and there are hardly any calls in que on a regualar basis, so i mostly post on here, and talk to my friends/coworkers.
Ask The Shack

Apr 30, 2010, 7:56 AM
Sorry Owenu, I was distracted by your avitar. What did you say?
ruler_goddess

Apr 30, 2010, 12:33 PM
Call center work sucks you say pretty much the same thing over and over.
Owenu

May 4, 2010, 7:30 PM
🙄
Owenu

May 4, 2010, 7:30 PM
😲
Amarantamin

May 4, 2010, 8:29 PM
... 👀

What department do you work in? I'm in White Glove Premier Care, we've been slammed for nearly a month, now that the Any Mobile Anytime feature is making nearly every customer Premier.
Owenu

May 5, 2010, 1:25 PM
😲 sorry to hear that. we are the Plan Optimization Program...it's a fairly new dept i got switched to. customers get sent emails, bills, letters, etc, saying to call us to make sure their plan is a good it. super easy 😁
rainbow_metals

Apr 30, 2010, 1:14 PM
so what everyone else said except that if you think that cusotmers are rude and overbearing at a store, its 100 times worse over the phone becuase they can make a scene at home and not feel ashamed whereas in a store, they are more likely to be nice. my opinion
ruler_goddess

Apr 30, 2010, 1:21 PM
I agree people dont show their @$$ in public but at home omg they unleash the fury!
rlpinca

Apr 30, 2010, 2:56 PM
The job itself is fairly easy if you're capable of putting up with ever changing policies and procedures and rude customers who as mentioned before have no incentive to be nice.

Some people love it, but I can't sit in a 3 sided cage all day long without going crazy.
ruler_goddess

Apr 30, 2010, 4:08 PM
ours are only 2 sided lol. It gets very boring though!
rlpinca

Apr 30, 2010, 4:12 PM
At an old call center I worked at I walked up to my boss and said

"You can take the most brain damaged retarded monkey on the planet and put him in a 3 sided cage, he'll get out in a few minutes. But you can put a human in one and he'll sit there for 8 hours a day"

A few minutes later he asked

"Did you just call everyone here retarded monkies?"

I just shook my head and walked off. 😁
ruler_goddess

Apr 30, 2010, 4:28 PM
It's a job I dont like it but it pays money!
sinister

May 1, 2010, 11:04 AM
if you like gettin abused, go for it...yeah you take the chance of gettin popped in the mouth if you get a whacko in store but for the most part in store, people have more restraint sayin stuff to your face than they do over the phone. over the phone, they know they can say whatever & treat you however they want & you can't do anything other than say thank you suh may i have another...you can't hang up on these people & you can't threaten to hang up on these people if they get beligerent...

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.