Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 13 replies

Is addition that hard?

ncap9022

Apr 3, 2010, 6:34 PM
Does it bother anyone else when a customer constantly asks you to add things up? Such as if I get the $99.99 a month plan and then get a $9.99 data feature- how much would my total bill be? I know they can't be that stupid. I'd like to have some faith left in humanity.... but they make it sooo hard. 😕
burntbridges

Apr 3, 2010, 6:53 PM
LOL, sometimes I wonder how these people even tie their own shoes in the morning. Maybe that's the reason they make velcro shoes!
OrionsVantage

Apr 3, 2010, 7:25 PM
This is a situation where you have to empathize with the customer. I ask the question "why?" after all of my customers questions and concerns. Whenever one of my customers ask me "how much is this going to be a month" what they're really trying to ask is "What other added and hidden fees are going to be on my bill?"

Not an excuse for this lame ass question, but they're asking because they're scared of that first bill as well as being scared of what they might see on their bill months down the road.
kendrat

Apr 4, 2010, 9:45 AM
🤣 So true. I like when they ask you their state taxes. There are 50 states how the heck do ppl think we know their tax rates and all fo the other fees they will incur in teir area. If you need the answer you need to call customer care. So they can tell you
sinister

Apr 4, 2010, 11:25 AM
HA...you think we have that answer? dream on 😁
OldPhone

Apr 4, 2010, 2:39 PM
You can calculate fairly close. If they have a charge that is $9.99 and tax is 32 cents, so totals $10.31, you take the $10.31 and divide by $9.99 and get 1.032323232 etc // so you take the 1.0323 and multiply by the total, so if the total charges is $73.95 equals $76.32, you add other carrier fees and round up a dollar or two.
This_Troper

Apr 4, 2010, 11:56 AM
... Why would you think customer care would have an answer for that?

What I do is typically quote high. I Inform the customer I'm quoting high, so any surprise on taxes/surcharges are pleasant. But I have yet to see a State/County/City tax calculator. I've heard that Sales has one.
Poking Pixie

Apr 5, 2010, 4:06 PM
Negatory! I'm in sales, and we have no way to calculate for taxes.
This_Troper

Apr 5, 2010, 4:48 PM
I'm pretty sure they do. Let me just transfer you over there so they can assist you in this.
retrocool

Apr 5, 2010, 5:03 PM
Poking Pixie said:
Negatory! I'm in sales, and we have no way to calculate for taxes.

Calculate roughly 12%. This covers both sales taxes and additional taxes, fees, & surcharges. Best you can ever give a customer is a general estimate, and it's okay to let them know that.

And even in sales, you can definitely use a calculator that will let you calculate percentages.
runnback33

Apr 4, 2010, 12:16 PM
we dont have this answer i hate this question more than any other question lol
bobrings

Apr 11, 2010, 4:09 PM
we dont know what there state taxes are....
ommsddgw

Apr 14, 2010, 3:59 PM
I haven't figured out why a perfectly normal, semi-intelligent human being immediately turns into a moron when they become a wireless consumer. 🤤
ShoopDaWoop

Apr 14, 2010, 4:06 PM
We have a tax calculator in my center, and also have a "Next bill estimate" tool that gives us an estimate within $1-2, as long as they get any other charges outside of the plan.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.