Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 13 replies

i do not like customers who start off like this...

getsome

Jan 17, 2010, 5:42 PM
I do my job very well. I make a satisfactory amount every month..but i refuse to deal with customers who start off like this...

Cust: *walks in* Tell me what are you going to offer me that will make me leave ___Mobile/Wireless.

Right off the bat that just doesn't feel right. It's like i'm supposed to lick that @$$hat's feet or something.
wizardofCroz

Jan 18, 2010, 10:59 AM
Yeah or the, "I'll get rid of my jitterbug phone right now if you can give me unlimitied minutes for 10 dollars a month"

Yeah so would the other 200 million people that own a cell phone in this country.
Coil

Jan 19, 2010, 3:28 PM
wizardofCroz said:
Yeah or the, "I'll get rid of my jitterbug phone right now if you can give me unlimitied minutes for 10 dollars a month"

Yeah so would the other 200 million people that own a cell phone in this country.

I think it's over 250 million.
wizardofCroz

Jan 20, 2010, 2:39 PM
I didn't know you were an encyclopedia. ๐Ÿ™„
brisk87

Jan 20, 2010, 6:28 PM
๐Ÿคฃ
Owenu

Jan 18, 2010, 12:10 PM
I do not deal with the 'im going to cancel if i don't get this or that' customers. off to account services they go! ๐Ÿ™‚
Sigma1570

Jan 18, 2010, 2:30 PM
I had one of those the other day...

"Tell me why I should stay with you and not go to X provider"

Ummmm...here's your account number.
edzero

Jan 18, 2010, 3:03 PM
I have no tolerance for that either. I especially hate when you've sold the phone and then they ask "so what accessories can you give me with that?" answer is "uhm....none"
jvp3

Jan 18, 2010, 4:07 PM
edzero said:
I especially hate when you've sold the phone and then they ask "so what accessories can you give me with that?" answer is "uhm....none"

You can't GIVE them accessories with that (except for the ones that come with the phone in the box), but you can certainly SELL them accessories that go with that phone.
hereticcavi

Jan 18, 2010, 7:02 PM
Really
alee

Jan 20, 2010, 6:13 PM
Bundle all the accesories in with the phone price...they THINK the ARE getting them for free. ๐Ÿ˜Ž
Coil

Jan 19, 2010, 3:31 PM
The first impression they make is that of an asshat yes. However, I have found that the majority of the time you CAN offer a better deal and you CAN change their 'tough consumer guy' attitude. 80% of the time that happens to me they actually apologize for being dicks when they first walked in and they walk out with a phone. That's me of course. You guys on the other hand...
juice007

Jan 19, 2010, 5:32 PM
Not most of the time, you may be able to trick the customer into thinking that he is getting a good deal but the deal really comes from third party retailers. If you are a third party retailer you are just pointing out the facts, which does not make you a great seller.
kiki_kaluah

Jan 19, 2010, 6:32 PM
I had one who was upset that I didn't have enjoy change for her $100 and her 30 dollar payment. Sorry lady, I just came in and all we open with is $50.

She actually said she would leave our company because we didn't have change at that moment.

As if I was going to say... OH YOU'RE GOING WHERE!?

LET ME LOOK AGAIN. OH YEAH I HAVE THE CHANGE NOW?! ๐Ÿคจ

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.