Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 9 replies

Is this really necessary???!!!

Samsung89

Jan 13, 2010, 5:07 PM
Is a new call center in El Salvador really necessary
Me: Opening
Spanish CSR: Hi I am ----- from El Salvador Customer Care. I got customer on line and he no can text.
Me: 🙄
Me: Ok I do apologize can i have the phone # you area calling about?
Spanish CSR: Umm.. Ok OK listen because i tried to do trubleshat and it no working.
Me: Ok i understand 😡 I still need the customers phone #
Spanish CSR: um.. Ok i no no what you say can you speak spanish. Hablas espanol?
Me: ..... no đŸ‘ŋ
Me: Sir can the customer speak spanish because is he cannot you would have to translate
Spanish CSR:.... why you transfer me? You no tech support?
Me:...... đŸ˜ŗ
Spanish CSR: Listen i got customer and i no no what do so i transfer him OK?
Me: S...
(continues)
Owenu

Jan 13, 2010, 5:28 PM
wow đŸ¤Ŗ
jvp3

Jan 13, 2010, 8:47 PM
Yeah, too bad nobody in the US speaks Spanish anymore. 🙄
looch_himself

Jan 13, 2010, 9:09 PM
Well, He told the El Salvador guy that he didn't speak Spanish. Should he just suddenly learn?

Or am I misunderstanding your post?

I am confused now...
jvp3

Jan 13, 2010, 9:14 PM
Yeah, you're misunderstanding. I'm being facetious.

Or, maybe I'm being truthful. Maybe there are not more Spanish speakers in the US anymore.

You decide.
jvp3

Jan 13, 2010, 9:17 PM
I'm referring to the fact that whoever put a call center in El Salvador to service USA Spanish speaking customers was being stupid, because there are plenty of Spanish speakers in the USA already. However, the company thinks it's being brilliant by cutting a few cost corners and moving jobs offshore to El Salvador. Only now, those reps are calling the USA anyway.

So, huge waste of money.

My point - American jobs for Americans, to serve American customers, no matter what language is involved. Don't offshore US jobs to other countries, thinking you're saving money.
looch_himself

Jan 13, 2010, 9:20 PM
jvp3 said:

My point - American jobs for Americans, to serve American customers, no matter what language is involved. Don't offshore US jobs to other countries, thinking you're saving money.

Agreed. Normally, I'm more on the ball than this, but I have a MASSIVE, Llama sized headache.
pwoggius

Jan 13, 2010, 10:57 PM
jvp3 said:American jobs for Americans, to serve American customers, no matter what language is involved. Don't offshore US jobs to other countries, thinking you're saving money.

QFT. This happens to me at my job once or twice a day and unfortunately I do not habla.
RavenSkyhawk

Jan 14, 2010, 5:45 PM
We've actually started a program to monitor some of our offshore agents to ensure they don't issue too many credits. Sadly there was so much work for this new project the carrier dropped the program and gave it to the people being audited because it was cheaper ☚ī¸
Murphy

Jan 14, 2010, 7:09 PM
that and mexicans here dont speak the kind of spanish they do in el salavador

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.