Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 8 replies

Telesales reps and Relay calls

armyofun

Mar 31, 2005, 12:49 AM
Has anybody here who takes inboud calls ever taken a call from a relay station for TTY or TDD?
indirect5000

Mar 31, 2005, 11:18 AM
Yes. Asking if we sell phones with out contracts.
pizpiz80

Mar 31, 2005, 12:28 PM
I never take those calls because they ALWAYS turn out to be frauds. The credit card number they give you is NEVER their own.
ElmerFudPucker

Mar 31, 2005, 4:03 PM
Not to mention the simplest call takes at least 30-40 minutes! Who has the time?!
jamorr

Mar 31, 2005, 6:06 PM
I've taken a couple of these calls. The only ones I took that weren't fraud wanted messaging devices not phones, and I agree with elmer they take forever even a simple one.
justpeachy

Mar 31, 2005, 8:13 PM
Oh yeah- usually from scam artists wanting us to ship phones to Nigeria. 🙄
armyofun

Mar 31, 2005, 9:37 PM
The two calls i've had have been legit. One was actually a video conference. The person called using a video screen and went through the relay. the customer signed to him and the relay person translated. Kinda cool actually. But, as everyone else has said, way too long.
everman

Apr 1, 2005, 1:06 PM
The only one i have taken was from a woman who wanted an OGO, and I tried to sell it to her but Cingular in its infinite wisdom, has decided not to carry them.
What phone would a deaf woman really want?
PhoneTwit

Apr 1, 2005, 8:06 PM
I've made a sale on a tty. Yes, it takes more time, but if I needed to use a device like that, I'd want to be treated the same way. Besides, it's a chance to learn. I've mentioned it on job interviews since then.

The trick is to just act like you're talking to the person, not the relayer. Mine mainly wanted text messaging, but also could speak and could get messages to her family.

It wasn't a fraud call. The first person she talked to hung up on her! 🙄

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.