Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 21 replies

how does everyone pass time?

ads1525

Dec 26, 2009, 7:11 PM
im at a call center and we cannot have any electronic devices, pens, paper, or anything on the floor at all. no internet access except to phone scoop, wikipedia, and all the cellphone providers websites. and its 20 mins between calls. how do you entertain yourselves?
DE 2 Philly

Dec 26, 2009, 7:12 PM
I come onto phonescoop and read everyone else complaints! hehe
ads1525

Dec 26, 2009, 7:14 PM
lol but its the same complaint over and over again, just with different words
Webb

Dec 26, 2009, 7:30 PM
No pens or paper? That's a new one to me.

Not that our Callcentregruppenfuhrer never tried to ban us from doing anything. It's just that such rules tended to break down in fairly short order, and within a few days, people would be making chainmail vests at their workstations.

Slowest day I ever worked, we set up a game of Axis and Allies on the floor between our cubes and played for the entire shift. Towards the end, we were getting a little too into character. My perky blonde supervisor came by, asked what we were doing in that good natured way of hers, then fled with a very worried look on her face.
ads1525

Dec 26, 2009, 7:42 PM
not to sound like a pain, but im the only one in this bay for the next 2 hours, nearest person is about 20 ft away
Webb

Dec 27, 2009, 2:05 PM
I recommend going insane then.
Conner

Dec 27, 2009, 2:33 PM
then no one can see you choke your chicken..
meeshxsmith

Dec 27, 2009, 3:07 PM
I laughed at chain mail vests. I wonder if I would be able to make chain mail. Last week I got in trouble for crochet.

At our call center they don't want us doing anything non work related.
dopeygirl

Dec 27, 2009, 4:44 PM
Yeah, they try that here. So I just sit there and ask my supervisor a bunch of questions all day. Eventually they allowed the crocet to return.
meeshxsmith

Dec 27, 2009, 4:47 PM
Touche. I'll try that.
dopeygirl

Dec 27, 2009, 5:00 PM
Yeah. My sup got REALLY tired of me. "How much memory does blah-blah phone have" or "How do I blah-blah-blah" ALL DAY LONG. After about three days he finally said "don't ya have something to crochet?"

😁 πŸ˜› 😁
dopeygirl

Dec 27, 2009, 5:09 PM
Kudos calls. My supervisor hates them. When he annoys me too much I make sure I get LOTS of them!!

custy> You've been so helpful today.

me> Thank you. Would you like to tell my supervisor that I was helpful and courteous?

custy> Why yes I would. Thank you.

😁 😁 😁
meeshxsmith

Dec 27, 2009, 6:07 PM
Wow I've only ever gotten like 1 of those calls! Mostly:

Cust: I hate you!
Me: Sorry?
Cust: I want a new phone
Me: I can help you with that
Cust: Well in that case...
Coil

Dec 26, 2009, 7:48 PM
Get a cell phone watch. Ha. What a predicament for your employer.
getsome

Dec 27, 2009, 2:19 PM
i maturbate.....right there
Researcher

Dec 28, 2009, 1:39 PM
At our center it is about 10 to a5 seconds between calls. Each day, every day. We have added over 120 new people and the calls still slam us. Who has time to be bored??
foxymegs

Jan 7, 2010, 3:39 PM
well if u dont have alot of time between calls a good way to make the call more entertaining is when u say sumthing 2 ur cust at the end of whatever u said in ur mind say "b***ch @ss"

Me:I can deffinately assist u with ur uprade today! (b***ch @ss)

Cust😲k i would like blah blah phone

Me: Great would u like that phone in pink or blue? (b***ch @ass)

CustπŸ˜›ink

Me: No problem. what credit card will u b using today? (b***ch @ss)

But this is to b used with caution cuz if u actually say it ull prolly get fired..... 😳
sprintchickwv

Jun 6, 2010, 7:34 PM
You have access to Wikipedia?!? How can you be bored, then? All the world's knowledge is at your fingertips!

And aside from that, you have time to pass? 😳

Aside from Memorial Day, I can't think of a day I've had when I had more than 2-3 minutes between calls. I spend that time reading Phonescoop or KMS (Sprint's database of information). While this makes me awesome at educating customers, it also makes me want to rip out my brain stem.
Amarantamin

Jun 6, 2010, 7:45 PM
No Wikipedia here, either... 😒
wompwomp

Jun 6, 2010, 7:46 PM
i'd probably see how many things i could edit....
kittie

Jun 23, 2010, 12:11 PM
Most of the time, we have a high call volume so I pass the time by talking to random people call after call after call... 🀣

Thankfully, there are days, like today for example when we have few calls coming in, I'm able to pass time by eating secretly in my workstation, and of course browsing Phonescoop.com πŸ™‚
sinister

Jun 23, 2010, 4:14 PM
bash store reps on phonescoop? 🀣

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.