Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 20 replies

Have you ever

love2transfercustomers

Nov 27, 2009, 6:14 PM
talked to the same customer in the same day more than once?

Like having a really long call with the customer, and you know they remember your name because they say it about 4 times, and you were no where near getting their issue resolved, then the call dropped. And they call back later, and get you again.

or if you really screwed up their account (by accient) and you tell them that you will call back, and forget to call them back, then they call back and get you?

or if they ask to speak to your supervisor, and while waiting for a supervisor, the call drops, and some how, they call back and get you again.

any situation where you are talking to a customer that you really don't want to talk to, and the call ends somehow, and by luck...
(continues)
boredtsr

Nov 27, 2009, 6:17 PM
especially when you have to escalate the issue and you ask them to allow 4-6 hrs for a resolution and they call back 10 min later 👿
jenardus

Nov 27, 2009, 6:40 PM
Or better yet, you spend 20 minutes on the phone with a cust, tell them all they need to do to file a claim, and they call you back 2 hours later and tell you that they were not told what they needed to do. Mind you, they don't seem to realize that you were the person they were talking to and you know what you told them
smartmonkey

Nov 27, 2009, 11:40 PM
told a customer you where the only supervisor available only to have them ask to hold for another supervisor?
RavenSkyhawk

Dec 1, 2009, 2:16 PM
Yeah, Left him on the line til the next day. I assume someone answered or call dropped, don't know when it did, but the account was fixed when I showed up the next day. 😁
dopeygirl

Nov 27, 2009, 6:35 PM
My first day on the phones a custy called and wanted to activate an old phone on a new line. ESN number was attached to another account and instead offered our promo free phone. Thought the customer was happy at the end of the call (they got a new phone better than their old one AND for free!)

Later that day got a call and they immediately asked for a supervisor. Asked the customer what the situation was and she gave me her name and wanted to complain because some "pushy salesman" talked her into a new phone when she only wanted to activate her old one. OF COURSE it was the same customer and she was calling to complain about ME!!!!! 😡 😡
GotoGirl

Nov 27, 2009, 6:37 PM
Yes, i got this lady who had her daughter confrenced in with her and the both were extrmemly heated because her daughters phone had not been working for about a week, turns out, there was extreme physical damage to the charging port, and i had to void the warranty through asurion... the asked for a supp and instead of hitting the mute button i accidently hit headset which disconnected the call. so after about 30 min i figured iw as in the clear, then out of no where ther ei am on the call with the same lady cussing me up and down....
clearwater_man

Nov 27, 2009, 7:31 PM
one time i had someone trying to do obvious fraud and then hung up and called right back and i got them again on my next call 🤣 🤣
brandtz

Nov 27, 2009, 11:46 PM
My fiance had this asian lady call up during a really crappy day of calls and this lady opened up screaming in angry asian speak "MY MY BILL SO HIGH!!!" notice mind you, there is not why *IS* my bill so high, simply so angry she can't speak right.

So she does what any smart person does, and immediately disconnected the call. About 30 seconds later she opened up another call only to hear "WHY YOU HANG UP ON ME???"

*click* sorry, we no speaky angry asian here at sprint nextel.
clearwater_man

Nov 28, 2009, 12:49 AM
haha check this one.

me: thank you for calling spint ect.

customer: yes i haven't had time to pay my bill because my mother died 😢 and i had to go to jamaca.(not saying that was where the funeral was or anything)

me: oh im sorry to hear that ma'm is that where your mother is from?

customer: (in a very angry very strong jamecan voice) im not jamacan.

me: im sorry ma'm i didn't mean to offend you, was that where the funeral was?

customer: NO!!! i was on vaction.

me: ok well i can take that payment from you right now if you would like.

customer: no i dont pay my bill. you need to credit my bill for grieving purpose.

me: ma'm we dont have that policy

customer: what why?

me: i dont know we just dont. i dont ...
(continues)
clearwater_man

Nov 28, 2009, 12:51 AM
i do not know how to spell Jamaica
Webb

Nov 28, 2009, 1:56 AM
Yes.

We used to have a customer who we referred to as 'FBI Guy', who would call during the dying hours of our operations when the bill system was 'updating' for the night. He was convinced that he was under surveillance by the Feds, and would go off on these long, disjointed paranoid rants.

I found him highly entertaining, and as I spent my first year in the phone mines working rather late shifts, I got him on no less than three different occasions. I liked to fuel his paranoia by asking him questions like, "Why do you think it's the FBI and not the NSA? I mean, if this conspiracy is as big as you think it is, why wouldn't they be letting the big guns loose on you, sifting every bit of data which comes to and from your computer, grindi...
(continues)
Coil

Nov 28, 2009, 10:36 AM
\m/
Researcher

Nov 28, 2009, 1:49 PM
I have been at the same call center for almost three years. We get a call from some really sick woman who sounds depressed and frantic. She claims she just shot her children.

I got her one night and no one was a round to say something like "oh, it is a joke!" She said she is in northwestern Ohio close to where we are. Naturally I freaked and tried to keep her on line while another agent called 911. Gave police all the info I had and nothing came of it. I found out about the caller and got a lecture from management about calling 911.

She has called several times since. I was told about most and told the agent to at least write down all she said.

What the hey is wrong with some people???
payurbill

Nov 28, 2009, 9:07 PM
t-mobile customer?
Researcher

Dec 2, 2009, 1:46 PM
No I work out of NW ohio for the largest pre-paid. Page Plus Cellular.
pdajr24

Dec 4, 2009, 12:43 PM
when i was at call center, my cube mate got fired because she overheard a husband come home, yell at his wife and preceded to beat the crap out of her while she was on the phone, he picked up the phone and said something like, i told her she not aloud to talk to anyone and hung up, my cube mate called 911 and gave customers information from her screen. she got fired for giving out private and confidential company information (name and address).
love2transfercustomers

Dec 4, 2009, 1:02 PM
that customer could have been killed, but oh protecting name and address is more important. 🙄
meeshxsmith

Nov 29, 2009, 3:18 PM
I had a guy who was having a lot of promblems giving me the address to verify his acct.

So I transfered him to customer care and they transfered him back, to me.

He verified his address. I asked him for the make and model of the phone. He didn't know it. I transfered him to customer care and they transfered him back to me.
ACSer4Sprint

Nov 29, 2009, 5:22 PM
Its happened to me quite a few times... I take escalation calls, so I've got back ppl that I have told No about something and then they call back several hours later and ask for a sup, hoping they will get someone who is stupider than they are and get me again 🤣 I love to repeat exactly everything I did the first time and see if they remember me.. Mostly they dont....

I've had it happen on reg care calls as well, not as fun tho 😈
musicaldelial

Nov 30, 2009, 10:45 PM
This guy called in one day about an issue with his phone. He had it for over a year, so it was out of warranty, naturally. I advised him of such, so he disconnected. 2 hours later, he called back. I reverified everything, and told him the same thing. 10 minutes before my shift ended. He called in a third time. he had a instore rep with him this time. I had to explain to both him and her that the phone, no matter if it was a day or a month outside of the 1 year, was outside of our warranty. Retardiculious.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.