Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 8 replies

Wire Tapping

kentbrockman

Nov 20, 2009, 6:58 PM
2 Seperate Customers have come into me in the past month and said that they thought their lines were being tapped and wanted to know what I could tell them about it. My response to both was I know nothing of this and that wire taps are legal devices that VZW has no control over. The one gentleman took this advice and said thanks however the other woman proceeded to rant at me about how I should be helping her out more and that her life was in danger and someone is spying on her and so on. I had to do all I could not to laugh at her. Finally she listened to me when I told her she needed to talk to the police about it. I was just wondering if anyone else has run into custy's like this that haven't taken their pills.
mist668

Nov 20, 2009, 7:29 PM
LOL... unless its a professional there isnt any way. You understand that a cell signal is broken into 8 or so independant signals sent and received from the tower. From there usually a fiber line where the information is sent along with everyone elses to the switch. From the switch to the main switch, from there to the backbone of all cellular networks. At this point they can be tapped. I'm quite certain you'll have to have a good security clearance to get in there at that point.
jeffatt

Nov 21, 2009, 12:51 PM
It's crazy some of the conspiracies that some customers have cooked up in their own minds.
phatbasstard

Nov 21, 2009, 1:26 PM
i had some lady the other day tell me that her husband got copy's of all her texts with some program or subscription he got off on line for about $30 anyone heard of that?

She said the cops said it was legal
ecycled

Nov 21, 2009, 2:01 PM
1) I heard the $30 program rumor as well. Who knows, maybe google?

2) I've had probably 50+ cust in 4 years all say they are getting tapped, txt traced, and whatever. I get pretty frustrated when they say I need to do something. Yeah, Like I can prevent cell. tapping. Common sense, just don't let the phone out of your site, ever!

Here in this town that I work in, everyone is cheating on everyone, everyone is divorced, getting divorced, or about to get divorced and haven't told the others. Prepaid untraced phones are popular side phones. We do our best to stay out of it but these ppl are CRAZY(need medication for real), and there are so many!

3) Wire tapping: My understanding is it can only be done by Federal Warrant, not even state...
(continues)
simmeon

Nov 21, 2009, 4:32 PM
ecycled said:

Here in this town that I work in, everyone is cheating on everyone, everyone is divorced, getting divorced, or about to get divorced and haven't told the others. Prepaid untraced phones are popular side phones. We do our best to stay out of it but these ppl are CRAZY(need medication for real), and there are so many!

blockquote>

thats not a town. Its called America
GoBroncos

Nov 21, 2009, 2:51 PM
I had a customer come in and say someone put a gps tracking chip in his phone and he needed me to take it out, i showed him the only spot for a chip is his memory card slot and it was empty. He then told me there is a website where you pay $60 a month and as long as the person as the bluetooth on their phone triggered on then you can listen in on all of their conversations and have their text messages forwarded to you lol.
ecycled

Nov 21, 2009, 3:09 PM
I saw and tracked down a free app to do that, BUT it was only on the nokia tablet running linux and you had to be within range (range was subject to the amount of power you get behind it, just like standard bluetooth).

The exception to this program is BB's have a 2 step bluetooth acceptance that is secured.

It was from a Security group that was lobbying to get that BT security implemented across all BT applications in the RealWorld.
Mossberg

Nov 21, 2009, 3:12 PM
Tweekers

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.