Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 21 replies

who here thinks

GraGG

Oct 14, 2009, 3:37 PM
customers should be required to take an online course on cell phones and carriers practices before being able to buy a phone?

they wouldnt be able to purchase a phone unless they had their 'wireless licence' with them... they would have to renew it atleast once every 2 years!!!

who here agrees? ๐Ÿ˜‰
USCCFANINKS

Oct 14, 2009, 3:43 PM
I think they should be required to read & sign the terms of all contracts & Agreements before they can even speak to a sales rep, legally binding them to **** their mouth about the BS they always call in about...It would never work, but I can dream....
GraGG

Oct 14, 2009, 3:46 PM
i still like the wireless license idea
USCCFANINKS

Oct 14, 2009, 3:48 PM
I think the same thing about computer users....
meeshxsmith

Oct 14, 2009, 4:41 PM
It could be like a drivers liscence! Only a cell phone liscence. hehe
ecycled

Oct 14, 2009, 5:07 PM
Question 1: How do you turn the phone in this picture off? (picture of basic flip phone, must identify the power symbol, circle with line in it that all electronics have)

Question 2: How do you make a phone call?
A) dial the number then press call button
B) press call button then dial the number
C) dial the number than close the phone
D) press the end button

Question 3: How do you call voicemail?
Short answer format, in your own words

Bonus Question
2 parts both for full credit: Can you send a text message? Yes/No
How do you open a text message? CHOOSE VIEW NEW MESSAGE
Drunk

Oct 14, 2009, 5:11 PM
This post made me throw up in my mouth a little. I think I've got the poops now.
mrpmpfan

Oct 15, 2009, 5:42 AM
Question 4:
If you child talks over the minute plan are you responsible for the overage charges?
YES/NO

Question 5:
You have given your cellphone number out to get a "free" ringtone and now you are getting odd charges on your bill and odd text messages what do you do?
1.)Play dumb when calling customer service
2.)Text stop to the odd text messages
3.)Call customer service and demand you get credit for your dumb mistake

Question 6:
You have no intentions of wanting a data plan but like a full text messaging keyboard, you are with AT&T which phone do you get?
1.) HTC Fuze
2.) Blackberry 8900
3.) Samsung Impression

Question 7:
If you buy a new cellphone or mobile broadband card and realize service is terrible at your home, ...
(continues)
ecycled

Oct 15, 2009, 10:26 AM
Excellent additions!
PhonemanJ

Oct 14, 2009, 6:32 PM
I would agree to that. I would take it a step further though. I had to take different levels of tests to get different levels of an amateur radio license that I have to renew every 10 years. I think that there should be a basic level license for standard phones and an advanced level license for people who want a PDA phone such as a Blackberry, Windows Mobil, Google, etc. And if a person is found using the wrong kind of phone for their license, they get fined, just like the FCC does for Amateur Radio.
GraGG

Oct 14, 2009, 6:34 PM
yeah, like a class a or class c automotive license ๐Ÿ˜
PhonemanJ

Oct 14, 2009, 6:42 PM
Exactly!
๐Ÿ˜‰
ecycled

Oct 15, 2009, 10:56 AM
Really good idea. Reps would be top certified of course. Unfoturnatly this is impossible to enforce, unless.... at checkout we have to verify license. Heck it could even be enforced by the state and game warden.

The game warden is the only one who can search without a warrant, at least here in TX thats the case.
PhonemanJ

Oct 15, 2009, 12:54 PM
It wouldn't be as difficult as you might think. The FCC would issue you a license, just like the DMV in most states and it would have to be shown at time of purchase. The FCC should handle it, after all, a cellular phone is nothing but a 1/2 watt 2-way radio and the carrier has to meet all FCC specs in their system. The license number issued could be their phone number, thus insuring that they could keep their number no matter what carrier they go to. The customer and his number, fingerprints and picture would be listed in a data base for the carrier to look up to help prevent fraud. If a fraudulent application for purchase comes in, or if someone's license had been suspended or revoked, it would be red flagged for the seller to know. That w...
(continues)
ecycled

Oct 15, 2009, 1:00 PM
That would keep a COR or agent location from selling to someone without a license or with dings against it.

What gives you a ding? While your thinking about it.
PhonemanJ

Oct 15, 2009, 2:29 PM
Oh, we could be really creative for that. Things like non-payment of bills, disconnection without payment of ETFs, being rude, crude and obnoxious to store or care personnell, insurance fraud, making purchases of apps or ringtones or games for the phone and demanding credit on their bill, even though they are using them, just being a general pain in the a$$.
ecycled

Oct 15, 2009, 3:11 PM
Nice. 3 demerits and you get suspended for 6 months, 3 more demerits and you get suspended for 1 year, 10+ demerits gets you banned from your current carrier for life and a 5 year wireless ban before you can reapply for your license.
GraGG

Oct 15, 2009, 3:24 PM
and if you drunk dial someone, you have to do community service ๐Ÿ‘€ ๐Ÿ˜‰
cingcing

Oct 15, 2009, 1:25 PM
But that would take away 2/3 or our customer base.
whatrwkends

Oct 15, 2009, 4:13 PM
aww, sprint isn't that bad, now, is it?
GraGG

Oct 15, 2009, 8:10 PM
all carriers would lose out ๐Ÿคจ
Nikon

Oct 15, 2009, 3:41 PM
Im with ya there, if they dont pass, we send them a quarter and a map of local pay phones.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.