Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 6 replies

how do you stay motivated

ecycled

Oct 10, 2009, 3:26 PM
I'm really not motivated anymore.

One of my friends has been doing this longer than me and can just keep talking and talking. I think he is a good salesman.

Its just a burnout that I know everything about these phones and person after person says: I don't need camera,txt or internet blah blah blah. I just want to scream, but its freaking awesome you've got to see this because I know there is something in here you'll love. Like the farmer who loves the MyCast weather!

Plus they want us to hit goals and thats just not reality in this economy. Its all what can I do to lower my bill.

I am here to serve the customer but when they don't want to be helped, and the company doesn't care. Its just a beating.
llama

Oct 10, 2009, 3:33 PM
I stay motivated by considering the alternative. Unemployment sucks.
jeffatt

Oct 10, 2009, 5:20 PM
I've just gotten to the point where I don't give a crap what the goals and quotas are. I can only sell what I can sell. I can't sell more than I can sell, so I just don't worry about it.

My company's goals & quotas & tiers for bonuses are all so ridiculously high that if they actually put people on probation or terminated them for not meeting quotas/goals/etc then they'd have like 3 employees.

Thankfully I've yet NOT to meet quota so it's not an issue for me, but it's rare to see a decent bonus check.
SneakyRebelNinja

Oct 10, 2009, 6:16 PM
Same here. Our bonus structure is ridiculous. If me and my two employees all hit our first half phone goals, we'd be 80% to our goal for the month. We always hit the month end goal as a team, but when I can sell 65 phones in a month and not hit my personal goals either half, that's messed up. And to make it worse, we don't get paid commission. So for those 65 phones a month I do sell, I have my $8 an hour to show for it.
Coil

Oct 10, 2009, 7:52 PM
SneakyRebelNinja said:
And to make it worse, we don't get paid commission. blockquote>

Yet you sell cell phones. FUN!!!
prizbilla_babykilla

Oct 11, 2009, 5:57 PM
WHAT?! No comission? The only reason I do this job is the comission. I made an extra $2300 after tax last month in comission. It's like i made $40 an hour for doing the same thing you do, and you get $8? It was a great month, and that is above average for the company by a lot, but still. Dang.
longsleeves

Oct 11, 2009, 10:27 AM
I don't care anymore. There is nothing I can offer, just keep doing it till they tell you it's over.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.