Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 9 replies

Sometimes.

meeshxsmith

Oct 9, 2009, 7:48 PM
I got bored with the lounge so I thought I would post my latest customer complaint.

I had a cx call on the 6th I believe to file a claim for the defective phone. So on that date I told her the process.

She asked me to give her the company name, address, email. She asked me to speak to a supervisor, she kept talking asking me why we couldn't do something as simple as send her a working phone.

I tried to do the best I could, I gave her all information she requested and asked her if I could transfer her to the helpdesk for the promblems I could not fix.

The woman hung up when I was trying to transfer her.

Yesterday I spoke to her again (yesterday was really busy).

She rememered me and asked me what was taking so long to rep...
(continues)
20momof3

Oct 9, 2009, 7:59 PM
Where I'm at there's a certain leniency for things like that. IE If I've been on the phone with a customer for a few minutes and provided all the information that I could, yet am still not making progress, I'm allowed to advise the customer that if they don't have any other questions that I can address for them I'll need to disconnect the line.
SMR1990

Oct 10, 2009, 9:39 AM
I probably would have hung up on her at that point. Obviously shes just mad because she cant things her way and if your not going to talk to someone with the proper amount of respect and then you should expect to be hung up on and not helped at all. I work retail now but I use to be in a call center for the ARC and all we did all day was deal with pissed off people and if they were to say things like that we were allowed to just hang up and if they called back to complain our manager would always take our side.
ccareatatt

Oct 10, 2009, 9:54 AM
I would have asked her point blank. Just what will make you happy? Shes probably phishing for a credit.
famoussasjohn

Oct 10, 2009, 11:08 AM
ccareatatt said:
I would have asked her point blank. Just what will make you happy? Shes probably phishing for a credit.

and thats when you receive that answer and you say, unfortunately, since your order has a time-frame of 2-5 business days, and it has been only 5 hours, if it does take over the 2-5 business days you may come and ask for a credit, but unfortunately at this time there is no reason to merit a credit. 🤣
Mafdet

Oct 11, 2009, 12:47 PM
i'm on a final for not giving credits... 😡 because my stupid OM and TM say that the cust. is always right and in order to do first call resolution i need to give out credits... 😡
famoussasjohn

Oct 11, 2009, 2:43 PM
Mafdet said:
i'm on a final for not giving credits... 😡 because my stupid OM and TM say that the cust. is always right and in order to do first call resolution i need to give out credits... 😡

IMO customers shouldnt get credits for being a pain in the ass just because they think they know everything, your supervisors should listen to what the customer is saying and then choose a side, if the customer is clearly wrong..99.9% of the time, then your supervisor should have your back.
Mafdet

Oct 13, 2009, 3:04 PM
i wish he would do that though but no... we had a team meeting and he told the team that no matter what the issue is if we don't want to give a credit anywhere between 150.00 and down he is going to chew us up... 😡
matonater

Oct 13, 2009, 3:37 PM
then just give the credits. this should make the calls easier as well. just start each call with im going to credit you 150.00 now how can I help you
meeshxsmith

Oct 10, 2009, 4:18 PM
I believe she was asking for a refund, but I don't have the ability to do that. And when I try to transfer her to someone who does, she hangs up!

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.