Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 24 replies

How many of you actually like working in the wireless industry?

ATnT Cellular

Sep 30, 2009, 1:35 PM
For years I have read your stories. Stupid customer after stupid customer. Mean as$ boss after mean as$ boss. And that's just at the retail stores alone!

So my question is, how many of you like working in the wireless industry? Show of hands.
FrankOMCGee

Sep 30, 2009, 1:54 PM
but im not to savvy on the company i work for, they kinda jerk me around, but other than that i like cell phones and the advances it brings to the world.
dtpocket38

Sep 30, 2009, 3:41 PM
most wireless companys do that lol who do u work 4
FrankOMCGee

Sep 30, 2009, 3:43 PM
indirect, the dieing alltel, come october VZW
dtpocket38

Sep 30, 2009, 3:48 PM
iv done indirect for t-mobile the screw u evry chance they can, well atleast people have heard of ur service i work 4 pocket wireless no one nos who we are lol
onlymee

Sep 30, 2009, 1:56 PM
I do! I do! I actually really love my job. The company I work for and my boss are great! As life goes though there are days ( and customers) that I could do without.
ATnT Cellular

Sep 30, 2009, 1:57 PM
onlymee said:
I do! I do! I actually really love my job. The company I work for and my boss are great! As life goes though there are days ( and customers) that I could do without.

What company do you work for, maybe I should work for them.
onlymee

Sep 30, 2009, 2:06 PM
A small indirect agent. They have really figured out that happy employees work better, and they do their best to make sure you feel appreciated.

I think its really important in the work environment....if they don't want you to think of your job as "it's just a job" then they shouldn't treat it that way either. Does that make sense? It's hard to find employers that think that way though!
rigoni

Sep 30, 2009, 3:55 PM
I may hate some of the customers but i love the job i mean there is no other job to hear grown men cry over a cell phones, But beyoned that the job is great the pay is awsome and i couldnet ask for a better job 😎
ecycled

Sep 30, 2009, 2:00 PM
I used to love it, I was paid really well and got customers what they wanted and needed. It felt good for about 2 1/2 years.

(3 1/2 years later)
Now I hate it and will be leaving soon. I have reasons, I typed them and re-read it and decided not to post them.
wirelessbox

Sep 30, 2009, 2:08 PM
I like the money, hate the job.
onlymee

Sep 30, 2009, 2:09 PM
from what I hear that's pretty much the industry standard.
wirelessbox

Sep 30, 2009, 2:18 PM
Few retail jobs pay as well and phones are cool.... but whiny customers, quota, bosses expecting unrealistic goals, etc. ruin the job
tmochicka24

Sep 30, 2009, 2:25 PM
I absolutely HATE it!!!!
wirelessbox

Sep 30, 2009, 2:26 PM
Don't be overly dramatic. If you were for corp tmo you don't have it that bad. I've been there.
tmochicka24

Sep 30, 2009, 2:27 PM
Its a call center, they are all the same...full of drama and stupid little rules
wirelessbox

Sep 30, 2009, 2:31 PM
Oh I was retail so I guess it was different. Tmo in general is a good company to work for. They do require you to be waaaay to happy on the phone though.
tmochicka24

Sep 30, 2009, 2:47 PM
yeah tell me about it....I don't like it AT all...customer care always sounds like they are on crack becaues of how happy they are.
dxniel

Sep 30, 2009, 3:50 PM
theres times when i dont but then again thats every job
dtpocket38

Sep 30, 2009, 3:58 PM
i love it today but who know wat 2 marrow brings
jeffatt

Oct 1, 2009, 12:47 PM
I don't mind the work so much. It's the hours & ownership/management.

I make decent money, but I have to work 50-55 hours a week to do it, and twice in the last month I had a meeting an hour & a half away on my day off. And all the requirements, goals, quotas, etc they set are all so outlandish that any sort of bonuses or anything are practically out of the question.
sistercell

Oct 1, 2009, 4:29 PM
i enjoy it, yeah some customers make you homicidal but some make you happy to help them. The pay is good the boss is cool and co workers... interesting.
Debo

Oct 1, 2009, 5:37 PM
Though fustrating at times, I love it! 😎
freephones4all

Oct 5, 2009, 10:08 AM
Sure I like it. But everyone has a bad day. Not just this industry. After a day of dealing with crackheads,gang members, drunks, trailer trash,and other assorted fruits, nuts and flakes, I am entitled to blow off steam.
USCCFANINKS

Oct 5, 2009, 1:47 PM
I'm not so much of a wireless industry fan, but it is easy work. I used to do broadband tech support for a Phone company, but had to come here after the call center was closed and our jobs sent to India. I just enjoy providing any kinda of technical support, regardless of what its for.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.