Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 82 replies

I hope this building burns down

tmochicka24

Sep 29, 2009, 11:10 AM
I go 10 minutes over on lunch and i get written up...30 minute lunches just aren't long enough...have to email my sup if I have to pee now...I'm 24 years old and I get treated like a effing toddler...I'm so sick of it.
mrpmpfan

Sep 29, 2009, 11:15 AM
Where do you work?
tmochicka24

Sep 29, 2009, 11:23 AM
in a big building with a lot of dumb people
mrpmpfan

Sep 29, 2009, 11:35 AM
And you are somehow the most intelligent one in the building. Somehow I doubt that greatly, judging by some of your other posts.
tmochicka24

Sep 29, 2009, 11:43 AM
I am the smartest one here, I dont stoop to everyones level to make a career out of selling phones or accessories...you should look in the mirror when you talk to people.
mrpmpfan

Sep 29, 2009, 12:39 PM
I don't understand how looking in the mirror while I talk to people will prove that you are smarter than your co-workers.

You took a job that states you must sell cellphones and accessories yet you complain about it?
tmochicka24

Sep 29, 2009, 12:44 PM
Yeah, haven't you been watching the economy lately?? Jobs are pretty much hard to find...I didn't wake up like you one day and say "I want to see cell phones for a living..." so sorry if i'm not like you and am doing my dream job.
mrpmpfan

Sep 30, 2009, 5:28 AM
Believe me you don't get paid a ton at your cellphone job where you can't find another $10/hr job.
tmochicka24

Sep 29, 2009, 12:44 PM
mrpmpfan said:
I don't understand how looking in the mirror while I talk to people will prove that you are smarter than your co-workers.

you don't understand it because your not a toddler, like me 🙂
Coil

Sep 29, 2009, 5:01 PM
tmochicka24 said:

you don't understand it because your not a toddler, like me 🙂

you're
Coil

Sep 29, 2009, 5:00 PM
tmochicka24 said:
I am the smartest one here,

Your internet pseudonym with it's latino sexual innuendo hints that you are not.

I dont stoop to everyones level to make a career out of selling phones or accessories...you should look in the mirror when you talk to people.

You should look at your name tag.
mrpmpfan

Sep 29, 2009, 11:17 AM
You were 1/3 the allocated time over your break I wouldn't have written you up I would have fired you. And guess what you are doing a job that a toddler can do so you get treated like one.

If you don't like it go to college and get a real job.
tmochicka24

Sep 29, 2009, 11:37 AM
Thanks d*** face I am going to college to get a real job.... I'm assuming you work with phones, unless you enjoy wasting your time on phonescoop, and that's not a "real" job...so thanks for baggin on me and being a complete asshole when you don't even know who I am...if you don't like it, keep your opinions to yourself.
gldnhrtrblfst

Sep 29, 2009, 11:53 AM
im sorry but i have to agree with mrpmpfan,

1. you should have been back on break on time, and this probabally wasnt the first time you were late.

2. you are always on here complaining as if we care about your insignificant problems,

3. if you are going to try and be secretive about where you work your name prolly shouldnt be "tmochicka24"
tmochicka24

Sep 29, 2009, 11:59 AM
I'm not trying to be secretive about where i work, obviously I work for tmobile but damn if i tell you WHERE I work...2, no it wasn't the first time i was late from break and its none of your business, phonescoop is for venting, people vent, leave it alone and get a life...and 3rd, READ THE ABOVE...Everyone on here vents, why don't you and Mr PIMP FAN go blow each other.
Nikon

Sep 29, 2009, 12:11 PM
I'm with you tmochicka24, i hope this place does burn down. i hope the ceiling caves in over the server room and kills the network
TheVole

Sep 29, 2009, 3:49 PM
I'm with tmochicka24 as well. If you don't have anything nice to say keep it far inside your rectum. Compassion people compassion. It is hard to do this job when its the only thing to do in town that can get you through college. If you don't want someone to feel better don't try to make them feel worse!
mrpmpfan

Oct 6, 2009, 5:49 AM
I am shocked you are in college, due to this post you seem to have never made it past the 6th grade.
famoussasjohn

Oct 6, 2009, 10:29 AM
grammar whore. I didn't know forum posting had anything to do with college. 🙄
mrpmpfan

Oct 6, 2009, 5:47 AM
Actually I am a graphic designer but hey you are probably going to college for teaching right? Or some other worth while venture that you won't actually earn more than you do now.
tmochicka24

Oct 6, 2009, 9:28 AM
So how long have you been a homo for?
mrpmpfan

Oct 7, 2009, 5:31 AM
homosapien? My entire life....whoops I used a big word that your "college" mind might not understand.
tmochicka24

Oct 7, 2009, 9:00 AM
its ok hunny, you don't have to be jealous that i'm bettering my life...and you'll remain in the cell phone industry your life...its ok to be a loser...I dont discriminate.
mrpmpfan

Oct 7, 2009, 11:21 AM
In case you can't read the many previous posts. I stated that I do graphic design work, but its freelance so this phone job is an easy check and I can get insurance options.
tmochicka24

Oct 7, 2009, 11:23 AM
Whatever helps you get through your day...mustn't be too good of a job if you have to have 2 jobs.
NEPats726420

Oct 7, 2009, 11:32 AM
means he basically works for himself.......he works cell phone for the EXTRA $$ and medical
mrpmpfan

Oct 7, 2009, 2:07 PM
Its okay by this point I realized she can't read. I doubt she even knows what graphic designing is.
NEPats726420

Oct 7, 2009, 2:30 PM
🤣 🤣

you design graphics duh 🤣 🤣
Nikon

Sep 29, 2009, 12:04 PM
ok let me get this straight, so a todler can do this job, the same job your doing, you just insulted yourself you moron. because from what you've said here today your doing the same job a todler can do because you cant get into college and arnt smart enough to get a real job.
famoussasjohn

Sep 29, 2009, 1:18 PM
Internet Police..since when did those exist? telling us we can and can't post.
mrpmpfan

Oct 6, 2009, 5:50 AM
I am aware my job is a **** job that anyone can do, but I also do freelance graphic design work for local companies around me. This is just an easy check.
jeffatt

Sep 29, 2009, 2:06 PM
Wouldn't bother me if that happened here. It seems that's the only way I'd be able to take a break from this place...
tmochicka24

Sep 29, 2009, 2:55 PM
I wouldn't mind collecting unemployment 🙂 or workmans comp if I get hurt.
TheVole

Sep 29, 2009, 3:40 PM
If your in PSF i feel ya or IRT maybe. Just guessin from the tmo. I got written up for not sounding excited but I sound the same as I always do and Im very very professional on calls. New rules just keep popping up non stop its crazy. ugh
famoussasjohn

Sep 29, 2009, 3:51 PM
TheVole said:
If your in PSF i feel ya or IRT maybe. Just guessin from the tmo. I got written up for not sounding excited but I sound the same as I always do and Im very very professional on calls. New rules just keep popping up non stop its crazy. ugh

it's not really a new rule to be written up for being late from lunch when lunch is 30 minutes.
its understandable that she got written up, that is the easiest rule to follow unless you went out to get food and got stuck and came back late. but still its not an excuse. even though 30 minutes is not enough time to get food and eat it.
Nikon

Sep 29, 2009, 4:13 PM
we all had hour lunches for months and no they just made us take 30 min, so that why she keeps going over
mrpmpfan

Oct 6, 2009, 5:52 AM
Because she can't tell the difference between 60 and 30 mins? Or because her cellphone doesn't have an alarm feature or a clock? There is no excuse, the fun thing is that I don't think she is too bright so eventually she will be written up for the last time and fired.
NEPats726420

Oct 7, 2009, 11:34 AM
just collect unemployment
TheVole

Sep 29, 2009, 4:31 PM
im not saying thats a new rule they pump out new bureaucratic b.s. everyday. It used to be ok to split your breaks up for smokers so they could have little smoke breaks and take them whenever there were no calls now you have to stick to a planned break schedule. Its just little things changing everyday that grind my gears.
kiki_kaluah

Sep 30, 2009, 11:36 AM
I'm sure there is a microwave in Tmo somewhere. Just bring your own food to heat up. Lean cuisines are yummy.
tmochicka24

Sep 29, 2009, 3:56 PM
yeah i'm in psf...its lame...i never sound excited on calls, especially when the customer starts in right off the bat...I wana get their phone number and call them at work and bitch at them for 20 minutes
FrankOMCGee

Sep 29, 2009, 3:59 PM
tell them you need a work number as a second reference. we have to get a home phone and a business number when setting up any kind of accounts.
TheVole

Sep 29, 2009, 4:33 PM
Yep and it is the only job I could find after almost two months of searching. The longest period of time I've spent without a job. With this and school I get 1 day off a week which I spend doing errands. I cannot wait to never work sales,retail,or customer care ever again!!!
tmochicka24

Sep 29, 2009, 4:39 PM
I feel ya there...I have 2 days off, but i have a child so in reality, i never have any time off...I go to school 15 hrs/week and work 30-32/week on top of trying to spend time with my kid...its difficult. The first 4 months of school i didn't have to work, which was nice...then ran out of money and had to come here....its nice cuz i can bring my homework and read it but at the same time, i can concentrate better at home. I'm really debating on whether or not to quit.
TheVole

Sep 29, 2009, 4:47 PM
Its ruff these days. It would be impossible for me to quit without losing my car and house so I just have to pretend this is fun and take advantage of the free coffee haha. I dont know how I've gone more than 6 days without a cigarette and not gone postal here
FrankOMCGee

Sep 29, 2009, 4:48 PM
go postal, no you would have to go cellular on their asses
tmochicka24

Sep 29, 2009, 4:52 PM
Well congrats on going 6 days without a cigarette! I was smoking there for awhile and I havent in about a month...But i hear ya on losing the house and car...I don't own a house but I am having to move out cuz i cant keep affording to pay rent...but just a few more months left for me then i can tell this place to kick rocks : 🤤 i can't wait
Coil

Sep 29, 2009, 4:58 PM
My old boss once threatened me that if I use th bathroom I have to call him first to go and come back. I called his boss and he said **** my boss.
meeshxsmith

Sep 29, 2009, 5:02 PM
wow...that's really rough. But that is the life of call center crawlers.

BTW. I have a BA and I still have a call center job. The economy is really tough these days.
Coil

Sep 29, 2009, 5:07 PM
I'm not in a call center. If I had this much stress to make that little I would shoot myself. Yes, the economy sucks. Yes, people with BAs are screwed. Even a lot of masters degrees won't get you anywhere. Even if the economy was better there's a lot of crap out there and there are very well funded careers in retail. Not call centers or indirects though.

NM want to open a hot dog stand?
tmochicka24

Sep 29, 2009, 5:07 PM
i dont think we should have to tell our bosses every time we have to pee or take a crap, its not the military
Coil

Sep 29, 2009, 5:27 PM
Dont tell me tell his boss that goes against company ethics crap. He is harassing you.
NEPats726420

Oct 7, 2009, 11:37 AM
does he really make you specify?
attnomore09

Oct 7, 2009, 12:19 PM
The military does not make you ask to go poop and pee!!
Drunk

Oct 7, 2009, 11:57 AM
I cry for you
but I laugh for other things

Chicken legs
tmochicka24

Oct 7, 2009, 12:16 PM
that's the nicest thing anyone has said
Drunk

Oct 7, 2009, 12:18 PM
If I were in your shoes I'd take a recorder and record the harassment you have to put up with then file a complaint and then sue the bastard and get get get that money.
tmochicka24

Oct 7, 2009, 12:21 PM
I totally should...or maybe i can just be mean as hell to the retarded customers and not follow the rules...like I have been doing 😈
Drunk

Oct 7, 2009, 12:23 PM
Just scratch your nose with the bird all the time he is around and then write an email describing your poops/pees

"It was massive, I named it the titanic and just like the ship it sunk, it broke in two and the first half went down pulling the second after it.. jack... jack..."

You could really get into detail about the smell the over all experience then make some thank you cards for "letting" you go to the bathroom. Blow this ghey rule out of proportion!
tmochicka24

Oct 7, 2009, 12:31 PM
hahah that would be awesome...i totally should do that... 🤤
Drunk

Oct 7, 2009, 12:34 PM
Get a pre-paid phone and give it to random people and call him. Have every random person say "can I go to the bathroom?" give it to little kids and everything.
tmochicka24

Oct 7, 2009, 12:35 PM
Is that what you do? lol
Drunk

Oct 7, 2009, 12:37 PM
yes, to custy's that make me mad... they get 4:00am calls and its sweet
tmochicka24

Oct 7, 2009, 12:43 PM
thats what they get, **** on people enough they will **** back
mrpmpfan

Oct 7, 2009, 2:15 PM
The thing you fail to realize is she was probably taking a ton of "restroom" breaks aka smoking breaks and her manager got wise.
Drunk

Oct 7, 2009, 2:16 PM
You are a fanboy
mrpmpfan

Oct 7, 2009, 2:17 PM
Fanboy of what?
Drunk

Oct 7, 2009, 2:17 PM
zune
mrpmpfan

Oct 7, 2009, 2:18 PM
Yea that is true
Drunk

Oct 7, 2009, 2:19 PM
Yeah... took my HD back, my brother took his back... then my girl friend and her sister... I was the fanboy that convinced them to get the new HD... we were all very sad and disappointed.
mrpmpfan

Oct 7, 2009, 2:24 PM
By what exactly? Because I love mine.
Drunk

Oct 7, 2009, 3:18 PM
20 seconds to load the calculator? Really? Shell game of the future? Wow Microsoft's high point is right in that game...
The terga chip is suppose to be the greatest thing in the world. 11 hours was the top any of us had for music playback, wifi off, not touching the screen and having run it down all the way and charging it over night. Three of us (out of the four) had our music skip and video lag. I'm so so disappointed in it. I was hoping it would at least try to compete with ipod. I really hope it gets better. I was caught up in the hype of it having a sweet screen that would save battery, the new chip that would save battery. After my girlfriend got an ipod touch and seeing how much longer the battery lasts and how much better the brows...
(continues)
mrpmpfan

Oct 8, 2009, 5:46 AM
The apps are all just a bunch of test apps, once they get that moving there will be big things using the terga processor. The iTouch and iPhone didn't have apps from day one. Also I am not sure how long the battery last since I charge it everyday when I get home. And I haven't had a single song or video skip.

If the iPod Touch is your cup of tea then enjoy. For me after I left the Zune camp for the iPod Touch I realized it was a bad move, because Microsoft is constantly working to improve the Zune line where Apple is content with releasing the same product every year. Can you tell me the differences between the last and current generation iPod Touch?
Drunk

Oct 9, 2009, 10:30 AM
Bluetooth, and a faster processor are two big upgrades to the new ipod touch.
I agree with you on the apps coming out later. I don't agree with you on those apps being test apps. Never read where it said they were test apps, to me the whole hardware and software of the HD is a test and it failed. For me and three other people that had them. I convinced them to join the zune bandwagon. I went to my girlfriends house and saw the touch and I was pretty upset. Felt like she betrayed me buying it... then I got to playing with it and compared it with the HD.
The screen is cool on the zune, the touch part was alright a little buggy (non responsive at times or weirded out on me) the internet was horrible on the zune.
I really don't understand wh...
(continues)
mrpmpfan

Oct 10, 2009, 5:36 AM
First off in the future when you are going to type a giant paragraphy can you throw in a few hits of the "enter button" it makes it easier to read.

As for the apps, the iPod Touch does not have a ton of useful apps, they just have a ton of apps. But the iPod Touch didn't get them right away either because for the 1st year they didn't have any apps.

The Terga processor is brand new and that's why Microsoft is checking it out before handing over the SDK to 3rd party developers. They want to be able to help them develop for the Zune HD if they have any questions.

I personally haven't witnessed any of these hiccups nor is the internet any better or worse than the iTouch's browser. You can't access hulu on either device.

Its fine i...
(continues)
Drunk

Oct 12, 2009, 2:18 AM
Sorry about not hitting enter, it does make it easier to read. I had to re read my post.

I have no problem getting back with the zune if they can refine the product. I loved it when it worked for me. It was a slick player, I'm not all about the apps but they do make some things easier. I hate iTunes but I don't have to deal with it that much so I'm ok.
tmochicka24

Oct 7, 2009, 3:30 PM
I don't smoke 🙂 Thank you .
USCCFANINKS

Sep 29, 2009, 5:25 PM
No sympathy..

You were provided the job guidelines and also informed of what will happen when you break the rules.

sorry you broke the rules and got what you deserve. If you did the same thing on your dream job (broke the rules) you'd still be punished. Welcome to reality.
TheVole

Sep 29, 2009, 5:45 PM
no "dream job" would have scheduled breaks or rules so its kind of a fanciful thing to say. I think most peoples dreams shouldnt have anything to do with work. If I was a space-man I could pee and poop whenever.
USCCFANINKS

Sep 29, 2009, 5:54 PM
Jobs still have rules.

Even the good jobs you have to go to school for still have rules, dream jobs have rules.

Its not rocket science to know that regardless of job, you break the rules, you get what you deserve.

I'm all for complaining about our jobs, as long as its not based on something thats your own fault. In a call center that you are required to take calls, yes you have to ask to to use the bathroom if you are not scheduled to go on break. Be happy they let you go...
tmochicka24

Sep 30, 2009, 8:53 AM
get real, if I had my "Dream job" I wouldn't have to break the rules...
USCCFANINKS

Sep 30, 2009, 5:09 PM
Then you have no one to blame but your self.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.