Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 20 replies

Today in my local AT&T store...

ATnT Nokia

Aug 30, 2009, 9:27 PM
Rep: Amy?

Amy: Yes?

Rep: You're next on the list, how may I help you?

Amy: My phone broke, I want a new phone.

Rep: Ok, let me look up your info (custy gives number, etc). Hmm. Our system shows that you don't have wireless insurance and that you aren't eligible to upgrade until November.

Amy: What? I need a new phone, mine is broke. how can I get a new phone?

Rep: Well you can buy one at the no commitment price, or you can get a go phone kit and use it on your account.

Amy: (getting pissy) But I've been a customer for several years, why can't you just give me a phone so I can use my service?!

Rep: (turns screen toward custy, getting irritated at her) Our records show that you activated your service with u...
(continues)
str8jacket5150

Aug 30, 2009, 9:38 PM
Not so bad. All in your attitude. I love my customers. I am the expert and it is my job to try to make the public experts. I love my job. Sure it sucks sometimes when you have a 91 year old with a blackberry, but, all in all, I get to help people. Then I go home and get TRASHED!!
wirelessbox

Aug 31, 2009, 9:18 AM
Could have offered the customer an exception upgrade.
ecycled

Aug 31, 2009, 12:17 PM
wirelessbox said:
Could have offered the customer an exception upgrade.

ah no the custy failed by using the F word. Exception upgrades are not available when you cuss. Its in the training class ๐Ÿ™‚
ATnT Nokia

Aug 31, 2009, 1:25 PM
ecycled said:

ah no the custy failed by using the F word. Exception upgrades are not available when you cuss. Its in the training class ๐Ÿ™‚

I would have asked her to leave on the first F word.
Verde321

Aug 31, 2009, 4:09 PM
Not all stores can or will process exception upgrades.

At our company, we can offer exception upgrade for retail price minus like $60.

Which means it is better for the customer that that just pay the 60 bucks and don't sign a contract.

Of course, I get people like this all of the time. I kinda like pulling up our records and showing them the x________ by wireless phone insurance so they can see where they initialed and wrote "declined."

Only bad part for the rep, she could probably get reprimanded if this customer calls in and complains. โ˜น๏ธ
Menno

Aug 31, 2009, 2:20 PM
This is why I love my in store protection plan.. because if a customer gets a phone from us and refuses the plan, they are told at LEAST three times the full retail cost of the phone, and we keep them signing that they won't get the protection on file.

Honestly, I have very little pity for someone who ruins their phone and they refused to protect it more than three times.
Harrassment

Aug 31, 2009, 2:31 PM
that's crappy. Why is an unprotected phone worth more? Is that how you consider your peepee?
wizardofCroz

Aug 31, 2009, 3:48 PM
umm, I think he's talking about something to the nature of insurance. A deductible costs less than a phone being bought outright. ๐Ÿคจ peepee?
GraGG

Aug 31, 2009, 3:50 PM
keep my peepee out of your mouth ๐Ÿคจ
wizardofCroz

Aug 31, 2009, 4:06 PM
๐Ÿ˜ณ ......uhhh?
GraGG

Aug 31, 2009, 4:07 PM
dont be talkin about peepee's ๐Ÿ˜ก
wizardofCroz

Aug 31, 2009, 4:13 PM
read the post that I replied to, then point the meanie face where it belongs.
GraGG

Aug 31, 2009, 4:20 PM
Why is an unprotected phone worth more? Is that how you consider your peepee?

just said not to talk about my peepee... in a way that made it sound like it was in his mouth, ie, keep my peepee out of your mouth
Drunk

Aug 31, 2009, 4:25 PM
That story would never happen at a Rogers Wireless store.
chapster

Aug 31, 2009, 4:29 PM
Doesn't rogers make you sign a 3 year contract?
ecycled

Aug 31, 2009, 4:59 PM
lol yeah besides who would you threaten to go to in canada
MrGoofball

Aug 31, 2009, 5:36 PM
Moose Mobile?
chapster

Aug 31, 2009, 6:33 PM
Greatest. Post. Ever. ๐Ÿคฃ
ecycled

Aug 31, 2009, 6:35 PM
m2m = moose to moose free on moose mobile

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.