Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 13 replies

WHY!?!?!??????????????????

cilvzwagent

Aug 21, 2009, 1:40 PM
Why do I have to have immature people working in my store? An employee of mine somehow got logged in under me to ring out a bill payment, and put very obscene remarks in the address field of the customer info screen. Luckily I caught it before someone at my corporate office.
ollywolf

Aug 21, 2009, 1:47 PM
Because every company has to have them. 👿
GraGG

Aug 21, 2009, 2:25 PM
i gotta eat
Keith-IA

Aug 21, 2009, 5:16 PM
and make sure it's one that no one can figure out so this kind of ordure does not happen.
ac4321

Aug 21, 2009, 8:17 PM
In a situation where workers and managers float from register to register, it's not uncommon for someone else to be logged in when a transaction is done.

Btw, wtf is an "ordure"?
Keith-IA

Aug 21, 2009, 8:43 PM
ac4321 said:
In a situation where workers and managers float from register to register, it's not uncommon for someone else to be logged in when a transaction is done.

Btw, wtf is an "ordure"?

Lock your computer when you get more than an arm's length away and no one can do stupid stuff.

What's ordure? Look it up in your Funk & Wagnalls. Or Webster's.
ac4321

Aug 21, 2009, 10:43 PM
Hm.. learned something new today.

I hear ya on locking a computer. In the real world that doesn't always happen, though. I'd rather fire idiots like the one mentioned by the OP. People who would do that need to go bag groceries or dig ditches where they don't have access to customer/client info.
Menno

Aug 25, 2009, 10:38 AM
Most computers at stores are owned by the store, and thus only corporate can lock them. Additionally, only corporate can change passwords for their POS System (most of the time). Yes, in a perfect world, you would remember to log out whenever you walk away from the station you are at, but when it gets busy, that perfect world disappears.
cilvzwagent

Aug 25, 2009, 10:20 AM
Doesn't work in my company. Because of their weird ways, we have to have access to eachother's logins/passwords for commission reasons. We don't have a way to log a sale under a different rep if it is an individual commissionable sale, so we just have to login under their info in order to be sure they get their credit. I'm not sure if this is a situation where I was logged in before, I got up for some reason, and the next rep didn't log out first...or just someone logging in under my name. Either way, I don't care about using my login to take a bill pay, but I do care about putting those derogatory remarks in..
Menno

Aug 25, 2009, 10:53 AM
The most I do as far as notes is when another employee purchases something.. I personify the accessory and make some stupid remark about it. Most of the employees don't catch it.. and I've never heard anything from corporate.

But I do feel your pain. I used to not care who rang up what until I had a coworker really mess up a sale and then put it in my name, so when corp called, they wanted to know why I did it.
cilvzwagent

Aug 25, 2009, 11:33 AM
Well from what I gathered from previous posts from you, we work for the same company. This employee put these comments in the address field, which then printed out on the customer's receipt.... bad ju-ju....
Menno

Aug 25, 2009, 11:36 AM
yes indeed. I would have the employee written up. Contact your store/regional manager. Silly comments are one thing, rude comments are not to be tolerated.
cilvzwagent

Aug 25, 2009, 11:50 AM
Yup, it already happened...... Granted, we had a little giggle about it because of who it was, but still....it was very unappropriate.
tmochicka24

Aug 25, 2009, 11:39 AM
I would totally do that to my boss if I didn't like them

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.