Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 9 replies

yes customers, you HAVE TO authenticate your accounts!

love2transfercustomers

Aug 18, 2009, 2:45 PM
customer calls in, and has an attitude to begin with..

Me-"Thank you for calling ________. May I have your wireless # please?"

C-"You didn't call me, I called you!"

Me- ๐Ÿคจ

C-"I have a question about my plan."

Me-"Okay, I can help with that. May I have your wireles #?"

C-"Blah blah blah"

Me-"Are you the account holder?"

C-"Yeah!!"

Me-"May I have your name?"

C-"Uuuhhh!!!! Blah blah!!!"

Me-"May I have the pin #?"

C-gives the wrong pin

Me-"Your pin # is at least 6 #s."

C-spells out a word

Me- ๐Ÿ˜• "Okay...you said blah blah...um..again the pin # is at least 6 Numbers-"

C-"Look!! I just have a question about my plan!! What is so freakin hard about that?!!"

Me-"Nothing, but I am required to verify...
(continues)
FrankOMCGee

Aug 18, 2009, 2:51 PM
i kinda had that happen in my store. customer not on the account wanted to do an esn swap. told her i needed to call the account holder to verify the info and if it ws ok. then she start with GAWD WHY? NO-ONE ELSE DOES THAT. i told her that they should. after i verify with the account holder that it ok. she tells me that the other people here swap for her no problem. i told her well then they will get fired and i wont.
Mafdet

Aug 18, 2009, 3:35 PM
๐Ÿ˜ก i hate it when they do that today i had a similar call, i mean is it so hard to memorize a stupid passcode or security pin?? ๐Ÿ˜•
pizzas not for breakfast

Aug 18, 2009, 3:43 PM
im going to say yes, cause about 84% of the people i talk to can not remember the security pin.
therecanbeonlyone

Aug 18, 2009, 4:35 PM
most of the people i get remember their security answer though
the ones that dont are the people calling in for other people
you know when you ask for the name and they say "uhhhhhhhh"
fullracecam

Aug 19, 2009, 1:28 PM
if they would just go with the flow they would have all the info they needed but instead they waste more time arguing then actually getting things done. i guess people are just, well..... board.....
NaughtyGuy555

Aug 21, 2009, 9:32 AM
Also when you get a male customer call:

-And with whom do I have the pleasure of speaking with today?

-(Random female name) ex. Melissa Heart
ikissgirls

Sep 1, 2009, 8:49 PM
and you know, if we didn't do all the verification/authentication and the were vulnerable to fraud they'd still be mad- demanding we do more to protect their info. ๐Ÿ˜•

I just repeat myself "I'm sorry (we have to say that), but for your security we do need to properly verify the account" repeat as needed... lol
93toolow

Sep 3, 2009, 11:53 AM
YOU WORK FOR SPRINT HUH?
doomtroll

Sep 5, 2009, 3:56 PM
Actually they do require accounts verified with almost every carrier, I work with AT&T and we have to verify all accounts. My service is with US Cellular, and they always verify my account with me, and when i worked for Verizon we verified all accounts. Its a standard anymore.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.