Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

i hate it when customers think im going to try to sell them something!

xxbriibriixx

Jul 23, 2009, 3:33 PM
i just got a call where i credited this ladies account soo much becuase of an error and part of it was becuase of overage and she added a rate plan so i credited half of the overage charges. i did so much for this lady when i didnt have to! and when im saying im closing line and offered an e-mail of what we did today she is constantly saying no bye, no bye NO BYE! why cant some customers just be nice for once and appreciate what we do for them, and give us some time to get a perfect score on a monitor? is that to much to ask>??? when we can be a$$'$ and go stricktly by policy!! and not credit anything at all! it makes me really really mad. 👿
Webb

Jul 23, 2009, 3:37 PM
Unfortunately, a lot of customers are conditioned to expect high-pressure upsell tactics because high pressure upsell tactics were kind of in vogue for the industry a few years back. Indeed, I can recall a time where I would've gotten 'coached' if I'd taken a call and not proactively 'offered' promotions to rope them into a new contract.
FrankOMCGee

Jul 23, 2009, 3:37 PM
sounds like she didn't want you to leave....
genii

Jul 23, 2009, 3:45 PM
They don't appreciate it because they don't realize they're receiving "special" treatment. Every time Ive called into any company's customer service for anything I get credited or treated "special", that's great, but expected after a few times. Quit giving your company's money away and customers will eventually quit walking all over you.
WorldSoCold

Jul 23, 2009, 5:25 PM
that may work... but all customers..ALL of them, i can bet even most people like us who work in the industry expect "special" treatment now and then.

i know in my case, working in an indirect location we are limited to what corporate lets us do (both our corp. and verizon corp.)...people expect us to do everything under then sun and we can't. not that we don't want to, but we can't.

now to my point... i had an incident yesterday where a customer was quoted a price on a few phones we have, she didn't mention it while we were doing the entire upgrade process. i didn't mention anything about price because i usually wait for the customer to say "okay, how much is that compared to that." or something along those lines that hints to the fact...
(continues)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.