Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 9 replies

ATTENTION CUSTOMER CARE

getsome

Jul 13, 2009, 9:42 AM
Now, when I (THE PAID REP AT THE RETAIL STORE) calls into tech support on behalf of the customer and I say that we've (the customer and I) have already done all the necessary troubleshooting for this data device and all i need is your help processing the warranty exchange, just do it.

It's properly noted in the account that we did everything and i believe the customer is already sick of going home to hook it up to their computer. We've already done that.

Yes, you must read the custy a script for the exchange but that's it. When i hand them the phone don't question them on what we did or tell them to troubleshoot further..WE'VE DONE THAT...
getsome

Jul 13, 2009, 9:44 AM
Just because there might of been a contest for this particular device, it didn't mean sell it to everyone, especially a 100 year old lady who barely knows how to use it.
sultrypickle

Jul 13, 2009, 9:47 AM
I agree on this point. It is ridiculous when I speak to a customer who was told to buy a particular phone that would be "perfect" for them when anyone who works in the business know it wouldn't be good for that person at all.

I have spoke to 90 year olds with iPhones as well as parents of 7 year olds with BlackBerry devices. It is ridiculous.
getsome

Jul 13, 2009, 11:42 AM
ok...customer is not receiving mms. she changed all her settings. go in and send the configuration package...simple as that. dont try everything that DOESNT WORK before you do this just to settle your curiousity.
a Girl

Jul 13, 2009, 12:03 PM
We have a warranty exchange group here in my call center. They are very strict in regards to their call flow. Best thing is just to expect to go thru it everytime. I know I wouldn't want to lose my job just because I didn't follow policy and procedure...
sistercell

Jul 13, 2009, 2:11 PM
That sounds like a lot of work. As a US Cell agent we do the warranty thing, sending out and all that. The only call we make is getting original POP if they did not purchace at our store.
getsome

Jul 13, 2009, 2:40 PM
ah. i wouldnt know. with my company policy states something like "if the sales rep has completed the troubleshooting please do not ask to do again"...
a Girl

Jul 14, 2009, 8:17 AM
Its an outsourced company that does warranty for att. All I hear in hallways here is about how they were marked down on quality blah blah blah for not troubleshooting because caller had already troubleshot before.
ccareatatt

Jul 14, 2009, 11:40 PM
If its marked clearly in the notes and you repeat it to the caller and the caller acknowledges then you cant be marked down in quality.
ac4321

Jul 15, 2009, 5:12 PM
In my experience, I wouldn't trust the average sales rep (and maybe not even the average tech support rep) to really know when it's best to exchange a device. The sales reps all around me swap phones day in and day out that are plan setup issues, network provisioning issues, or just ignorance of how the thing works.

Swapping a phone and burning hundreds of dollars in company resources should be among the last steps. My store alone could save tens of thousands of dollars or more a year in wasteful exchanges.

If I were an over the phone tech I wouldn't just order an exchange based on a store rep's word. I'd go through some troubleshooting or at least have the rep repeat back to me what they did in intelligible terms.

A better sol...
(continues)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.