Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 16 replies

Month Free? REALLY?

BLenny1914

Jun 13, 2009, 11:39 PM
Store Reps, love you guys........really......u make the world go round..but (VZW REPS) PLEASE......PLEASE stop putting free months of vz navigator, Vcast Vpak, vcast mobile tv, and any other feature on accounts. the customers will NOT remember to call in after the month is over and they will call me.........wanting credit. i had a guy call today saying he didnt know the SIXTY DOLLAR tethering feature was on his account for SIX MONTHS and wanted credit for each month EXCEPT THE FREE ONE. how do you miss that?
sunshinegirl

Jun 14, 2009, 9:52 AM
Nope, won't stop. I make $5 per feature with no charge backs. They are told quite clearly that they will be charged after the first free month. But Vcast is no longer free for the first month.
w1ndex

Jun 14, 2009, 10:45 AM
Yeah, I'm definitely not stopping either. Right now I make $30-60 per tethering feature I add on. And if the customer forgets to cancel...well, thats awesome! As long as it stays on for 6 months I'm happy. And if they do cancel (good for them), I still get a spiff 😁
mist668

Jun 14, 2009, 11:07 AM
I make 100% of my features sold if I keep my sub up above $8, regardless if they add a feature and remove it the next day.
sunshinegirl

Jun 14, 2009, 11:52 AM
I make the same on the teathering package as well. 😁
CAS8586

Jun 14, 2009, 12:34 PM
Do you want me to tell the customers that the blackberry doesnt require a data package also??
sunshinegirl

Jun 14, 2009, 12:55 PM
Doooooo it, and slam them with the $44.99 feature. 😉
CAS8586

Jun 14, 2009, 3:33 PM
44.99 corp. provision feature even though they dont work for a corp with enterprise??? ok..ill do that then
sunshinegirl

Jun 16, 2009, 9:02 AM
It was a joke.
CAS8586

Jun 16, 2009, 7:34 PM
you think i was serious?...
sunshinegirl

Jun 18, 2009, 9:33 AM
Guess not. 😉
Menno

Jun 15, 2009, 11:56 AM
If I add something, I make sure to tell them it's a free month and then after that point it will add X to their bill.

I also circle the feature on their contract.

If they then forget to take it off, it is no one's fault but their own. I'm sorry, but if you don't notice a $60 charge on your bill for 6 months, you deserve to pay it.

If someone comes into my store complaining about the bill and I notice one of those features, I offer to take it off. I never tell them to call in about getting their account credited, because it was a feature they didn't use, not one they didn't ask for.

Now, if it was a corp bb feature on a personal account, I might say something. More often than not those customers buy their phones at the same sto...
(continues)
Tmo Slave

Jun 15, 2009, 12:10 PM
Isn't it the point to add features for customers? The company makes more money and most customers end up using the feature because they end up liking it. There are always the few morons who forget and then call you a year and half later and want a credit.
Radbard

Jun 18, 2009, 10:35 AM
Actually it's a great cycle. We make more commision and you get even more job security. 🤣 🤣
sunshinegirl

Jun 18, 2009, 1:58 PM
🤣
sweetcherrygurl

Jun 20, 2009, 11:43 PM
no offense, but seriously, if you're talking to someone demanding a six month credit "except for the first month free" you should NOT bend on giving them the credit. if they are aware that the first month was free then they are fully aware that they would be charged every month AFTER the first one.

these customers shouldn't have everything handed to them, especially when they KNOW they are deliberately lying to get a credit they don't deserve. politely tell them no, that it is comapny policy, then notate the account stating that they were aware only the first month was free. it only takes a customer of average intelligence to notice the difference in the bill the FIRST time it's charged.
dualitycomplex

Jun 24, 2009, 3:20 PM
and some of us have data quotas to meet, if we dont sell we get fired, and if there is a free feature that will count towards my data i will put it on their like the others said with it circled labled and i even go as far as to put my card on their reciept with a note on it stating to call me before Date XYZ to have it removed before they get charged if they dont use it or want it after the first month. Do your job in the call center tell these annoying custoemrs NO.

and lets flip the coin here CALL CENTERS stop sending customers into my store telling them I will credit their account give them XYZ for free, or perform other services for no charge that we do not offer, so on and so forth, do you have any idea how annoying it is when I h...
(continues)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.