Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 8 replies

Outsourced Call Centers

Johnny_America

Mar 8, 2005, 6:37 PM
I both love these and despise them at the same time. I really enjoy throwing the ones from India for a loop sometimes, they'll call over and they have this script plugged into their head "Say this, they say that, we say this" etc...so I'll just toss in "How ya doin' over there?" And there's this..pause, like they weren't expecting me to say that. It's always fun. Anybody else have stuff like that?
HolmesSPH

Mar 8, 2005, 6:54 PM
I specially love to say stuff like...

"So are you married"

"How do u get this stupid car in first gear ne ways"

Oh and my favorite, just keep mumbling or using fake or broken english... they have no clue what ur saying..
Grantizzle

Mar 8, 2005, 6:56 PM
ebonics.
themike314

Mar 8, 2005, 7:23 PM
I always get a few second pause from them when I ask, "What can I help you with?"
speedywalk

Mar 8, 2005, 8:46 PM
Nah...I always like it when the East Indian call center picks up and they say "Tank you four cahlling A T an T vireless. My nayme is Kevin Vhite, how may I help you tooday?"

I always want to ask them "So is Kevin your birth name?"

Speedywalk
"It ain't broke, it just needs duct tape!"
Grantizzle

Mar 8, 2005, 8:55 PM
i talked to a "mike" today while on the phone with dell. i only understood half of what he said, so i talked to his supervisor.
fedupwithidiots

Mar 18, 2005, 3:26 PM
Wait, they never speak that clearly. I only understand about a third of what they say and if my customer has to deal with them it is only every tenth word that they can understand. Did not realize I had to learn so many different languages just to help my customer get help with their phone.
XPDX

Mar 22, 2005, 3:06 PM
"thank you for taking my call mr. vhite. say, the guy at the store said that to fix my phone i need to get a relative bearing for the organic digit dialer. can you send me one of those?"
jamorr

Mar 28, 2005, 5:49 PM
The best is wait until you get a customer on line that both barely speaks english and is a pr!ck conference them to an indian call center hit mute and enjoy the show.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.