Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

Palm Pre pre ordering?

timmydale

May 19, 2009, 3:00 PM
Are there any stores that are going to do a Palm preordering? I was told by one store to come in and start up my line today and he will ensure I get a Palm Pre. Does this sound right?
Guy Montag

May 19, 2009, 10:03 PM
You have a limited time in which you can exchange your device for another. Personally I would wait. If you sign up today and it takes two weeks to get the device in stock, that's two weeks you just lost on your trial period. A store is not allowed to sell a device prior to the official launch. If it were a "PreOrder" then the rep wouldn't be able to sell you the device. I'd simply ask if they could hold one for you and sign up when they call you in.
Menno

May 20, 2009, 8:25 AM
If they have a waiting list get on it. If they require you to up your contract, hold off on it. (paying a portion of the cost up front is ok, as long as it doesn't start your trial period).

Going off of the storm launch, if something happens and stock is a lot shorter than expected, he might not get the phones he has pre-orders for. When the storm launched, my location was supposed to get at least 10 of them. At the last minute this dropped to 5. Thankfully we didn't offer a "guaranteed in stock or we ship it free" offer like some stores did, so our loss wasn't that bad.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.