Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 18 replies

Wireless Cards

wizardofCroz

Apr 27, 2009, 2:15 PM
So I was bored at home yesterday, and I noticed Clark Howard was on television. I've never watched the show but I always hear custys threatening to call him because he's pretty much the Messiah of stupid ignorant customers. Here's how one of the convos went, we'll call customer "C" and give him a southern accent and Clark Howard "H" with a nerdy condecending accent.

C: Hey Clark this is so and so, I have one of them laptop connect cards with my cell phone company, and I got a 68 thousand dollar bill for downloading a movie!

H: WHAT?! See people, this is how ridiculous these cell phone companies are, they charge you for everything.

C: yeah I thought the internet was based on how many minutes I use, not like how much i download. All I...
(continues)
GraGG

Apr 27, 2009, 2:25 PM
insert globhead here
wizardofCroz

Apr 27, 2009, 2:27 PM
๐Ÿคฃ
Menno

Apr 27, 2009, 2:46 PM
Is this the same guy who told people to go into their cellphone company stores and threated to cancel so we would "discount their plan" for them?
wizardofCroz

Apr 27, 2009, 3:05 PM
Yeah he's the one who went on TV and told everyone that they don't need a contract to get cell phone service. What he didn't tell them was they'll be paying 200+ for a phone without said contract.
Ask The Shack

Apr 28, 2009, 8:20 AM
wizardofCroz said:
So I was bored at home yesterday, and I noticed Clark Howard was on television. I've never watched the show but I always hear custys threatening to call him because he's pretty much the Messiah of stupid ignorant customers. Here's how one of the convos went, we'll call customer "C" and give him a southern accent and Clark Howard "H" with a nerdy condecending accent.

C: Hey Clark this is so and so, I have one of them laptop connect cards with my cell phone company, and I got a 68 thousand dollar bill for downloading a movie!

H: WHAT?! See people, this is how ridiculous these cell phone companies are, they charge you for everything.

C: yeah I thought the internet was based on how many minutes I u
(continues)
Debo

Apr 28, 2009, 9:31 AM
Netflix STREAMS movies to your computer. You do NOT download off of Netflix. ๐Ÿคจ
wizardofCroz

Apr 28, 2009, 10:08 AM
Yeah but i'm the idiot. I should have just asked the shack... ๐Ÿ™„ douchebag
Menno

Apr 28, 2009, 10:16 AM
reminds me of another conversation:

OP: So I have these questions about restocking fees...

-P1: I think this about restocking fees....

-SP: You IDIOT! Do you know nothing... companies make a lot more than what you said..

P1: What? We're talking about COGS and restocking fees, not commission.

SP: COMMISSION! YOU GUYS ARE IDIOTS AND DON"T KNOW THE INDUSTRY!!!11!!

Yep, very familiar. ๐Ÿ™„
BigShowJB

Apr 28, 2009, 3:00 PM
downloading or streaming, either way, it's gonna cost that guy an assload of $$$ to watch the movie on his laptop in mexico
wizardofCroz

Apr 28, 2009, 10:52 AM
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt"

Einstein might be dead, but you could learn something from this statement.
llama

Apr 28, 2009, 11:14 AM
Wasn't it Abe Lincoln that said that?
DaCoach

Apr 28, 2009, 11:15 AM
I thought it was Mark Twain...
Menno

Apr 28, 2009, 11:21 AM
I thought it was Ben Franklin.
wizardofCroz

Apr 28, 2009, 11:57 AM
๐Ÿคฃ you guys crack me up
BigShowJB

Apr 28, 2009, 3:01 PM
I though it was Clark Howard....
SkinnyPuppy

Apr 28, 2009, 12:13 PM
I don't know about netflix but if they're going to impose a 5 gig cap they should cut you off after 5 gigs. They are basically raping you by letting you go over endlessly and then charging you...endlessly. Most users aren't computer literate enough to check out their usage...
wizardofCroz

Apr 28, 2009, 12:42 PM
AT&T has started to put a temporary block on all users who reach the 5 GB cap. Once their cycle date hits, the service is restored and they can try once more to go one month without downloading 5GB.
PhoneyName

Apr 28, 2009, 5:11 PM
If you're not computer literate enough to go to your carrier's website, log in, and read the little meter on the page, perhaps you don't need a wireless modem in the first place. Don't know about other carriers, but VZW even has a big button that says "USAGE" on the sign-in screen when you connect the aircard.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.