Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 8 replies

Wow 20,000 texts

Nadesico81

Apr 14, 2009, 2:13 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090410/ap_on_fe_st/odd_ ... »

A cell phone used by a Wyoming 13-year-old to run up a nearly $5,000 phone bill will text no more thanks to her angry father and his hammer. Dena Christoffersen of Cheyenne sent or received about 20,000 text messages over about a month, and her parents' phone plan didn't cover texting.

Gregg Christoffersen told KUSA-TV of Denver this week that he thought texting had been disabled on her daughter's phone, which he smashed hours after getting a phone bill for more than $4,750.

The family said Verizon has been willing to knock the bill down to a reasonable level.

Dena has been grounded until the end of school. She said she feels bad and ...
(continues)
uscellagent22

Apr 14, 2009, 10:11 AM
why the hell would you go to the media with that. Thats just saying you can control your children
I see it happening again! 🙄
wizardofCroz

Apr 14, 2009, 10:21 AM
I enjoyed the part where they interviewed the little kid, "umm, yeah so like my dad totally got mad and beat my cell phone with like a hammer" "yeah i learned my lesson, so like i'll only do like 15,000 texts next month" 🙄
Hombre07

Apr 14, 2009, 11:36 AM
So say 30 days in a month, 24 hours a day, less 8 hours sleep, 8 hours school on weekdays, approximately 19,200 minutes so say a text a minute for every waking moment she was not in school. And the parents never caught on to what she was typing on her phone? For an entire month straight? I call neglect.
Pretty Keeley

Apr 14, 2009, 2:34 PM
you know the kids text in school!
Menno

Apr 15, 2009, 8:11 AM
she would have to be doing multiple texts a minute every hour she was in school. That is then neglect on the part of the school.

The real question is... I wonder what made him think texting was disabled on the phone, and where he got said phone.
Hombre07

Apr 15, 2009, 9:40 AM
Some store that told him it was and neglected to do so.
Menno

Apr 15, 2009, 10:37 AM
Or he asked "So there is no texting on my plan"

Or he bought it online/walmart, etc.

we have a couple stores around here that will tell customers about stuff and then never do it, but by and large most of these "oops" moments were customers insisting that they didn't need a feature and then they get slammed with overages.

There is a big difference between "I don't want a texting plan on this phone" and "I want all texting blocked."
Hombre07

Apr 15, 2009, 9:38 AM
13 year old, junior high, I bet they've done caught her. I doubt this particular kid texts in school.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.