Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 6 replies

Why, Asurion, WHY?!?

sms_Queen

Apr 8, 2009, 5:00 PM
When a cust calls into you and tells you that there is a red LDI, it does NOT MATTER that they are under their 1 year warranty! Oh, and just because they say that the phone hasn't been dropped in water does NOT mean anything. DO NOT TRANSFER them back to me!! 👿
ACaerofox

Apr 8, 2009, 7:23 PM
lol... Well from personal experience I can say that alot of cmrs that have the lil red dot don't inform their claim reps like they should. It's usually not until that second call back to the insurance that the cmr will advise that their phone has been physically damaged...
sms_Queen

Apr 8, 2009, 7:47 PM
I really hope that is the case...cuz if they are just xferring them back to me (and I have had 4 like this, just today!!) because they are under 1 year, I am going to kill the 1st Asurion rep I see!
ac4321

Apr 8, 2009, 10:17 PM
Do you have the contact info for your area Asurion rep?

If it becomes problematic you can email him or her with some of the info and it'll be taken care of.
MrGoofball

Apr 9, 2009, 11:12 AM
Here is our troubleshooting for a phone.
We ask Has the phone sustained any physical or liquid damage?
If they say yes we do the replacement if they say no and it's under a year we boot them over to warrenty exchange. We don't ask them what color the ldi is in fact we aren't supposed to. If your complaint is someone got xfered to insurance from warrenty then xfered back to warrenty how about complaining about the xbm rep that didn't warm transfer like you are supposed to and explain the situation to the insurance rep in the first place?
And oh yeah Bring It😛
Lateralus55

Apr 9, 2009, 11:29 AM
you ask about the moisture indicator? It would give a good indication that the phone has been exposed to moisture.
MrGoofball

Apr 9, 2009, 11:42 AM
We're not supposed to troubleshoot heck I can't even tell you where on the back of the phone the ldi is for any phone we don't have access to that information and if we try probing for the ldi on every call it is just going to run our handle time up (which will get us smacked by our sup) as the cust looks for something we can't tell them where it is and they don't know and we're also going to get smacked by our QA for going outside of our job guidelines. Insurance does not at all troubleshoot. The closest we come is what I said above it's not our job to troubleshoot.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.