Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 14 replies

Arrrrrrr!!!!!!!

IrishCarBomb

Feb 26, 2009, 8:51 PM
I am sick and tired of "I heard that..." as a rational for knowing what you are talking about! I don't care what you heard from some guy, that doesn't qualify you or that information as correct! Do some damn research on your own! Don't take what your cousin Bob says as fact! Remember when cousin Bob electrocuted himself? And when he rebuilt his truck and forgot where half the bolts went?

What am I getting at here? If you are going to be selling $500 smart phones, know the product! If you are going to be selling $200 dumb phones, still know the product! If you are going to recommend an application for a phone, know the application and it's compatibility!

There are many resources for finding out accurate information regarding you...
(continues)
dualitycomplex

Feb 26, 2009, 9:27 PM
But my cousin Larry said that......... ๐Ÿ˜ˆ
IrishCarBomb

Feb 26, 2009, 9:29 PM
Cousin Larry you say? He sounds credible! Cousin Bob, no! Cousin Larry, yes! Sorry, should have added that clarification.
GraGG

Feb 26, 2009, 9:29 PM
take a chill pill guy, it aint worth you writing a blog entry on it
IrishCarBomb

Feb 26, 2009, 9:41 PM
How would you like it if you came to phonescoop.com, asked a question about a phone, and was given wrong information? Now you are stuck with a phone that doesn't do what you were led to believe it could do because some jerk off told you the wrong information.

It reflects poorly on phonescoop, which isn't good if you enjoy having phonescoop around.
Menno

Feb 27, 2009, 10:41 AM
While I agree, remember bob and larry can both be on this site too. There is nothing to prove that anyone actually works for the wireless industry.

As sales representatives, it is our responsibility to be educated about our products, but a forum (no matter the poster base) should never be considered the end all source for information. No matter how informed some posters will be, this is still a site you can freely register for and has nothing in place to distinguish between reputable salespeople, non-knowledgeable sales people, potential customers, and trolls.

Because of that, using Phonescoop as your end-all source for information about phones (at least the forums) is like writing a research paper using only wikipedia.
liquidfire

Feb 27, 2009, 1:17 PM
Menno said:
Because of that, using Phonescoop as your end-all source for information about phones (at least the forums) is like writing a research paper using only wikipedia.

but wikipedia is the end all be all of truth on the internetz, duh ๐Ÿ™„
ikon

Feb 27, 2009, 3:33 PM
Actaully wikipedia is not bad sometimes as many listings in it have a long list of sources on the bottom. IE use those sources.
ikon

Feb 27, 2009, 3:32 PM
Yeah plus cellular industry..information changes daily from rate plans to phones...to promotions offered through different vendors... However, don't be all high and mighty cause you think you know you're ****. I mean srsly three paragraphs talking about how special you are? God what is it with you people sales associates are the lowest tier of a huge corporate ladder. You're replaceable.
GraGG

Feb 27, 2009, 4:08 PM
YOU PEOPLE?
Menno

Feb 28, 2009, 10:44 AM
Please point out where I said how "special" I was or where I was being "high and mighty."

I pointed out since this is essentially nothing more than a forum, with no way for people to verify if information is valid or not (past official posts in news). So no one should use this as their only source when searching for phones (just like using only wikipedia to write a research paper). There is a lot of great information here, but there is a lot of junk with nothing to filter it.

If that makes me "high and mighty" and "special" so be it.
ikon

Feb 27, 2009, 3:30 PM
You shouldn't take what some jerkoff on the Internet says on a forum as fact anyway. Stop pretending you/we/this place is important. Nihilism d00d...
repoman

Mar 1, 2009, 12:57 PM
I thought this post was going to have something to do with pirates. โ˜น๏ธ
IrishCarBomb

Mar 2, 2009, 11:06 AM
M=Me
P=Pirate

M: How are you doing today?
P: Arrrrrr! My peg leg antena booster is broken, what can ye do for me mate?

M: Ummm, can I see your peg leg please?
P: Arrrrr! Arrrrrr! Arrrrr! Here ya go mate, she don't like commin' off in the morning.

M: Hmmmm, well it seems you have water damage, see this red dot here...
P: Arrrrrr! How could that be? I haven't gotten her wet! Walk the plank!

M: ๐Ÿ˜ณ ๐Ÿคจ Ummm, I am going to have to ask you to take your peg leg back and leave sir.
P: Arrrrrr! Hop! Arrrrr! Hop! Arrrr! Hop!
WhoDey

Mar 2, 2009, 11:59 AM
Guy walks into a bar, sees a pirate sitting in the corner with a navigation wheel sticking out of his pants.

"Sir, did you know you have a steering wheel in your pants?"
"Yarrr... I know, its drivin me nuts."

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.