Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 15 replies

Cust care over crediting...

repoman

Feb 25, 2009, 10:48 AM
So this care agent, we'll call her Sally, calls in stating that the cust, Greg, is having issues with his device and he called in earlier and refused to do a master reset. The call escalated and got dropped so he called back and Sally transfered to me. Greg asked Sally to stay on the line and I coached him that we would still need to master reset the device before an exchange can be continued. He said he lost his USB cable and had no way of backing his info up. I told him he would need to look into purchasing a USB cable, because he would have to back up his info either way for the replacement device. Greg asks Sally what her sup says. Sally comes back from hold and says that her sup approved a $100 credit so he can purchase a new USB cable....
(continues)
ccareatatt

Feb 25, 2009, 11:16 AM
Greg was lucky that Sally is an idiot. Sally could have ordered the USB cable for the customer for free if she really were speaking to a supervisor.. instead of the company being out 39.99 they are now out 100.00... and Greg is giggling because his lies got him a credit.
repoman

Feb 26, 2009, 8:23 AM
Oh yeah. I forgot to mention, she checked to see if they actually had the cables in stock. They didn't. It's for a Tilt.
taoareyou

Feb 26, 2009, 12:57 PM
The tilt comes with a USB cable in the box.
taoareyou

Feb 26, 2009, 1:00 PM
Doh he lost it. -1 point for reading comprehension. 😛
liquidfire

Feb 26, 2009, 4:05 PM
the tilt is made by htc, last i checked they all used mini-usb cable which are like $10 on ebay. sally is a moron.
cruel_sprintentions

Feb 25, 2009, 12:26 PM
customer care gives "courtesy" credits. wtf!?
LilSkillet

Feb 25, 2009, 1:27 PM
Yeah, we can do it from cust care all the way up to adv tech.
jreed3686

Feb 25, 2009, 1:54 PM
very very true. 25 COURTESY is max though.
Webb

Mar 1, 2009, 5:11 PM
AT&T used to (and might still - it wasn't that long ago) have some pretty generous figures for what a rep can offer for compensation based upon their own discretion. Being able to throw down a $100 credit like that wouldn't be unheard of.

Still, just because you have the amount available doesn't mean that the rep is 'in the clear', as there were still expectations of common sense, and this was was random, lazy and stupid.
Pious Goddess

Feb 25, 2009, 2:31 PM
They are $39.99? I remember when they were like $50. But yeah they could have just ordered it for free with their Managers approval and tried to over night to the cus.

Yes we have courtsey credits which are one time credits but yeah, I see some people with too many credits for nothing. Nice to know you can report accounts that call in getting credits for valid charges too much.
IrishCarBomb

Feb 25, 2009, 3:28 PM
Depends on which phone it is... if it is just a micro USB to USB data cable, those cost $10. If it is a specific one, say Samsung, they usually cost 30-40, come with a couple different cables, and the software too. A $100 credit for that is rediculous and moronic! Why not just send him a new cable? Heck, you could even overnight it for less than that. And if it was up to me, you lost the cable, your problem.
smartmonkey

Feb 26, 2009, 10:39 AM
Why does this happen it just reaffirms to the customer that its ok to throw a fit. I had a customer in my store over the course of two days dealing with her blackberry being out of warranty. She wanted a free replacement because the vibrator didn't work any more. Long painful story short she was approved for an exception upgrade. We discussed phones and I even pulled phones for her to look at. I get the exception upgrade ordered for her over the phone because we are indirect and lost that privilege. She leaves I finally close the store. The next day she comes in and throws a huge fit in store about how shes been a long term customer and she wants her replacement free. I advise that the exception was a courtesy and above and beyond customer s...
(continues)
Pious Goddess

Feb 26, 2009, 11:14 AM
I hate when people over credit that rep obviously has no back bone. This guy calls in wanting a $50 credit to his account because some store rep left a note on the account saying we would. Thankfully per policy we don't really have to honor those notes unless managers or supervisors advised it but cus would have to get it "one and done" when on the call with the rep to eliminate rep shopping and people just calling in for credits out of the blue. And funny thing is the store rep even noted the customer had completely filled out the rebate form so that means he knew he had to mail it in and it would take 6-8wks to process, well the store rep noted cus did not mail it in because he assumed we would automatically post it to his bill. So I denie...
(continues)
GraGG

Mar 1, 2009, 6:50 PM
you shoulda notated that the fool was tryn some bs
bodacious1981

Mar 1, 2009, 8:38 PM
cx was just lucky for usb cables do not cost 100.00 plus i know from experiance some reps give credits just because

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.