Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

I do NOT get paid enough for this!

sms_Queen

Feb 23, 2009, 8:36 PM
I have a lady on the phone who I have now been talking to for over an hour. She was having sofware issues with her Blackberry 8310. She was running software version 4.3 and based on the issues she was having, I advised her that I wouldn't be able to trade out her phone until she was able to DL version 4.5 to her phone. Well, she didn't know how to do that. And she didn't have the desktop manager DL'ed either. So, I have to walk her through how to DL the desktop manager first, and she INSISTED that I stay on the line while she DL's both the desktop manager and the Device software. I am NOT tech support! And I do NOT get paid as much as they do! I tried to xfer her to tech, but I was so NICE that she didn't want me to! Dammit!!
repoman

Feb 23, 2009, 10:10 PM
Been there..
WhoDey

Feb 24, 2009, 10:36 AM
What kind of issues was she having where you would make a defective exchange contingent upon new software that displays HTML and enables Pic Mail?

Doesnt seem like the right thing to do.
sms_Queen

Feb 24, 2009, 12:53 PM
She was having the memory leak happen quite often (which 4.5 helps quite a bit with) and she was getting application errors, which I would have had to have her do a master reset for. Having her DL the new software version kind of killed 2 birds with 1 stone. Also, that is what our BP's tell us to do, so right or wrong, I wasn't getting a bad QA for her.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.