Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 13 replies

sms_Queen...

repoman

Feb 18, 2009, 8:11 AM
..You're in BMG warranty for AT&T right? I just heard today from a co-worker that all BMG and HED is going overseas and they are switching us to Lifeline or Saves. Any rumors like this floating around your call center?
sms_Queen

Feb 18, 2009, 1:45 PM
Nope...The only thing I've heard is going overseas is QA. But what you're saying wouldn't surprise me. I work for a contractor, and there has been talk for awhile that we were going to lose the ATT contract.
repoman

Feb 19, 2009, 9:07 AM
You work for eTel, right?
jreed3686

Feb 19, 2009, 5:51 PM
i work for startek and they just opened an att call center in the phillipines
sms_Queen

Feb 20, 2009, 1:03 PM
👀 Maybe...lol
repoman

Feb 22, 2009, 12:02 PM
Don't worry. I'm not going to stalk you or anything...that's too much work for me. We did just find out officially, though...I'm sure you'll hear about it soon enough if you haven't already.
sms_Queen

Feb 22, 2009, 12:16 PM
Lol, I wasn't worried about being stalked so much, I just thought it was cool that you knew where I worked just from that. And, if it is true, that's awesome cuz I'm tired of warranty. I did retention for Sprint, and I miss it. I wish I was able to do more for customers than I can here. I'll let you know if I hear anything.
repoman

Feb 22, 2009, 12:34 PM
I really gathered it from your previous posts in this forum, it sounded VERY similar to my position. Where are you at? I'm in South Dakota.
sms_Queen

Feb 22, 2009, 2:50 PM
I'm in New Mexico. I just asked my sup, who I am really cool with, about XBM moving overseas and us doing retention, and she said she hasn't heard anything, but she'll keep an ear out. How long have you been there? Is job security not as much of an issue up there as it is here?
repoman

Feb 22, 2009, 3:24 PM
It's happening. Our site is first and I actually think yours is going to be last. But it was confirmed from our site director that they are all going over seas. I think it'll be a matter of time before you hear it officially on your end.

I've been here a year and a half and it didn't seem like job security has ever been an issue until just recently.
sms_Queen

Feb 22, 2009, 3:46 PM
Ah...see, I just started in Oct, and job security is horrible! Out of the 30 people in my training class, only 6 of us are left, and most of them were fired.
sms_Queen

Feb 24, 2009, 7:58 PM
Hey, just heard this from my sup today. she said she heard 3 other people tell her about it since I asked her. We're getting trained on brand new software on 03/01, too. Maybe it is true!! That would be AWESOME!!
repoman

Feb 25, 2009, 8:16 AM
It is true. Sounds like you guys have it a bit nicer down there, though. Our Saves department is pretty much full and not everyone on BMG will get transfered over. Some of us are probably going to lose our jobs.
sms_Queen

Feb 25, 2009, 3:43 PM
Oh no! That's horrible! Well, our center is pretty small...only about 300 people in WSC.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.