Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 7 replies

People suck.

JaydenW

Feb 10, 2009, 5:54 PM
I worked for THREE DAYS with people that were coming over from Verizon. THREEEE DAAAYS. I answered every question they could come up with, diverted them from phones they liked that would suck, arranged to have phones they wanted that we didn't have brought over to our store, answered MORE questions, and made sure their every whim was satisfied.

I come in to grab something I left here on my day off, and these people are there huffing mad and my coworker shoos me out the back door.

Apparently they were there all day raging mad about how I was just totally rude and that Verizon would kiss their @ss and we just "leave a sour taste in their mouth."
I guess they went on and on about how I was a liar and really manipulative and that they nee...
(continues)
Hayate392

Feb 10, 2009, 5:59 PM
no...just 90% of the customers...get used to it...they blow things out of prportion with lies...
taoareyou

Feb 10, 2009, 6:14 PM
Business and government has been training people that "the customer is always right" and "you are entitled to handouts and everything given to you for free" for generations. Then consider the main product of the United States is consumption (yes, our chief export is our cash via being a consumer nation) so everyone has an over inflated sense of self worth when it comes to being a customer.

Think about it, most "customers" work in business' that serve customers. Only a small fraction of our society actually makes anything. They are told in their business that the customer always needs to be happy. They are told "without our customers we are nothing" and "the customer pays your check". So when that person goes out from his or her job a...
(continues)
robtheman

Feb 10, 2009, 8:10 PM
I like that business is starting to make a shift where it's ok to get rid of customers that don't generate revenue.
liquidfire

Feb 11, 2009, 4:25 PM
and its about time too!

i actually told a cust that once. it was awhile ago, but basically he was complaining about everything and threatened to cancel. so i told him that VZW would not miss his $39.99/mo that he rarely paid on time (if at all). omg did his attitude change 😎
BlackMajik

Feb 10, 2009, 7:35 PM
You should find them and kick em 🤣
sweetcherrygurl

Feb 10, 2009, 8:06 PM
at least my DM pretty much sticks to the adage "the customer is almost always lying" instead of "the customer is always right".

we call her in advance if we get a dramatic, sh!thead customer, and let her know exactly what happened, almost word for word. then, later, when they call in to complain about what we "supposedly" did or did not do, she knows the real story in advance and cuts their overinflated ego down to size.

i love our DM 😁
EdgarN

Feb 10, 2009, 8:30 PM
sorry to hear that

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.