Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 44 replies

Customer Sanatity

Dark_Rayne

Feb 26, 2005, 6:55 PM
I think that customers should take an IQ test in order to be able to get a cell phone? Any experience that contributes to my theory?
armyofun

Feb 26, 2005, 7:07 PM
i think i should have taken some valium or some other sedative before coming into work today.
Dark_Rayne

Feb 26, 2005, 7:09 PM
Is it going that bad?
thejason

Feb 26, 2005, 9:51 PM
armyofun said:
i think i should have taken some valium or some other sedative before coming into work today.

I did 🙂
ali_dawn

Feb 26, 2005, 7:07 PM
seriously. shouldn't someone with a gsm phone know what a sim card is... and that there is one in their phone?? 🙄
Dark_Rayne

Feb 26, 2005, 7:10 PM
I have had customers that did not even know what the MENU key was. He told me he didnt see a key labeled MENU! 🤣
Grantizzle

Feb 26, 2005, 7:44 PM
or the customers that have a cdma phone and they think that they have a sim card. 🤣
peaches1961

Feb 26, 2005, 7:41 PM
Uh! You are so right! Good Idea!!! I have had some customers that could really use an IQ test first, before purchasing the phone. Like which button turns on the phone 🙄 and which one turns it off 😳 The customers plan is 49.99 a month and they ask, WHY AM I BEING CHARGED 49.99 per month. 😲 🙄
Dark_Rayne

Feb 26, 2005, 7:48 PM
I mean how hard is it to know how to press the SEND key? I had a customer ask me why when they put in a number that it would not call it, all they got was silence. LOL 🤣
Grantizzle

Feb 26, 2005, 7:57 PM
what about the people asking why there isn't a dial tone?
phoneshark

Feb 26, 2005, 8:02 PM
When a really stupid customer walks into our store I usually tell them they need to see a phone tech and have their phone bearings checked or their screen fluid needs to be changed.
Grantizzle

Feb 26, 2005, 8:04 PM
"i'm sorry sir, this seems to be an ID-10-T error (ID10T), this isn't covered under mmfg warrenty. do you have insurance. "
Dark_Rayne

Feb 26, 2005, 8:07 PM
🤣 These customers dont know the differance as long as you use technical phrases with them.
armyofun

Feb 27, 2005, 7:44 PM
When a customer asks how much their rate plan will cost, i just throw a number out there to please them.
scorpiogirl

Mar 2, 2005, 4:03 PM
Another rep at the store that I work at told a customer that his Flux-compacitor was busted so we had to replace the phone.
themike314

Mar 2, 2005, 4:19 PM
Of course that needs replacement. You can't travel through time without one.
cingcing

Mar 2, 2005, 4:48 PM
a guy I work with told one of his crack-head customers that he should get the camera attachment for his moto 120t lol
posioaui

Mar 2, 2005, 5:58 PM
i had a customer interupt my pitch.. to tell of the wonders of satelites phones and how there "only" 66 cents per minute with free night and weekends! my customer responded with "we dont visit the artic much, but thank you" it was great
Dark_Rayne

Mar 8, 2005, 5:19 PM
I wonder what happens when these people have to buy important things like food. How hard is it for them to shop for anything? 🙄
Zaniphan

Mar 2, 2005, 6:49 PM
I like when a customer starts to complain about the upgrade price of a phone, and then say, "Well... you could buy the phone at retail, which runs (some ridiculous amount)."

The customer usually say the phones dont cost that much, lol its great to see their expression. 😳
jkrivjansky

Mar 3, 2005, 2:07 PM
My favorite is...

"I have insurance.. why do I need to pay a deductible?"

"It is insurance sir/mam, just like the insurance on your car, your home, etc"

"How retarded! I'm calling the Better Buisness Bureau and filing a complaint at the scam you are running!"

*thought to self* "Go right ahead. I wish I could hear them laugh at you for filing a complaint that an insurance company dared charge you a deductible."
the_diversion

Mar 9, 2005, 7:00 PM
I think one of the best things that happens when a customer walks in is when they say, "Umm I/Son/Daughter/Ect lost my phone is there anything that you can do?" Well did you have insurance. "Umm No I didn't" Well then your going to have to buy a phone outright or see if you can upgrade. "Well whats the cheapest phone outright?" " $119.00"
" $119.00?! Why so much" Because your not signing a contract and that's sort of like us paying for part of the retail price. "Well thats a bunch of !@#$."

Then I wanna say, well you should have gotten F-ing insurance huh.
texaswireless

Mar 23, 2005, 11:56 PM
I think employees in the wireless industry should learn to use spell check.
Cigee

Mar 24, 2005, 2:13 PM
Are you Mr.Pir reincarneted? Jeez, do you get your kicks from griping ALL the time about everything. Dont post here if you don't like the forum.
Grantizzle

Mar 24, 2005, 2:18 PM
he needs to get laid.
Cigee

Mar 24, 2005, 2:23 PM
yes he does
door

Mar 24, 2005, 2:35 PM
texans, go figure 😁
Cigee

Mar 24, 2005, 2:38 PM
Hey hey hey....im a proud texan. He does not represent my state in any way shape or form. 🤣
door

Mar 24, 2005, 2:42 PM
I was joking... I just moved to Vegas from Dallas 🙂
Grantizzle

Mar 24, 2005, 2:43 PM
door said:
I was joking... I just moved to Vegas from Dallas 🙂

so, same climate, less stripers/hookers?
door

Mar 24, 2005, 3:05 PM
more expensive strippers and hookers!
Grantizzle

Mar 24, 2005, 3:12 PM
door said:
more expensive strippers and hookers!

it sounds like you downgraded then.
Cigee

Mar 24, 2005, 2:45 PM
Haha...I know you were joking. I get made fun of all the time but the boys from out of state do love my accent so thats cool.
Grantizzle

Mar 24, 2005, 2:46 PM
Cigee said:
Haha...I know you were joking. I get made fun of all the time but the boys from out of state do love my accent so thats cool.

true that. texas chicks and their accents are super hot.
Grantizzle

Mar 24, 2005, 2:39 PM
door said:
texans, go figure 😁

rofl x 32468432165132132

when i was a snowboard instructor we would tell people that they ski/snowboard worse than a texan and that was a huge deal. texans . . . . hehehehehehe.
Cigee

Mar 24, 2005, 2:39 PM
I hate you Grant.....hahaha
Grantizzle

Mar 24, 2005, 2:41 PM
i know, but it is still true. yiou can always sopt the texans on the hill because they are the ones with the orange hunting jackets and jeans stuffed into their boots. it is a fact.
Cigee

Mar 24, 2005, 2:46 PM
Grantizzle said:
i know, but it is still true. yiou can always sopt the texans on the hill because they are the ones with the orange hunting jackets and jeans stuffed into their boots. it is a fact.

HAHAHAHA...seriously you suck. I really should stop laughing at that if I'm trying to defend myself and my state
Grantizzle

Mar 24, 2005, 2:47 PM
yeah, stop laughing, but you can't cuz it is the truth. silly texans, snow is for people that aren't from the desert.
Cigee

Mar 24, 2005, 3:13 PM
what chu talking about Willis? You live in California!
Grantizzle

Mar 24, 2005, 3:16 PM
i know. i hate it here. 😁
door

Mar 24, 2005, 2:54 PM
LOL!!!!!!!

I used to drive an old volvo with a bumper sticker that read "just doing my part to piss off the religous right". so one day outside of a 7-11, a good ol boy in pick up (one hand on his beer, the other on his daughters teet, you know the type) looks at my car, looks at me.... flips me off and sais "jesus loves you, ya som a bitch"!!!

God bless Texas, and love live 6th Street!
door

Mar 24, 2005, 3:03 PM
or i could tell you about my ever popular "r in my tar" story...

Ok, so I'm in Amarillo putting gas in my bike. This good ol boy in truck next to me (beer, teet; you know the drill) looks at my motorcylce and says ...
"hey son, you need sum r in yur tar"
i'm sorry, what was that?
you need some rrrrr in yur tarrr!
me, still confused: "
I didn't catch that sir"
texan walks up, smacks fist on my tire:
"G*D*MNIT, RRRR yu idjit, R!!

Me, grinning like a fool:
"oh, ok, air... got it"
pizpiz80

Mar 24, 2005, 3:09 PM
R in your tar. lol 🤣 🤣 🤣
Cigee

Mar 24, 2005, 3:16 PM
Hehehehe....ok thats north Texas, it doesn't count. I live in Austin. And yes long live 6th street. I would be lost without it!

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.