Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 7 replies

Any ideas on how to breathe some life into this dead store?

Dnbstyle

Jan 10, 2009, 3:53 PM
Ok, so I work at a mall kiosk and we sell T-mobile and there are two other T-mobile kiosks here, one downstairs from me which is run by the same company and another one on the same level within eyesight- but a different company.

The problem is- The downstairs store does really well, like 15-20 phones on weekend days and around 5 on week days. We're lucky up here if we get 3 phones out on weekend days.
The kiosk here looks like crap and they won't put any money into fixing it unless the "numbers" improve. This kiosk has been unsuccessful since long before I started here.

We've made signs, looked up past invoices to call people and bring them in, but out of hundreds of people so far--literally only 4 people showed up.

And when I ...
(continues)
20momof3

Jan 10, 2009, 3:58 PM
Ask them how their day is going...make small talk. Get them to trust you and then ask who they have for their wireless provider. I don't work in a store, but this is something I've heard and seen posted previously.
lov2rac3

Jan 10, 2009, 4:11 PM
Greet! Greet! Greet!

My favorite greet is how is your verizon service. And if they have it I look up there account to check for upgrades and if not I pitch them on Verizon. So replace the Verzion with T-mobile and swing away. Isn't 100% but its a good start and a great greet in my option. JUST DON'T BE THE ANOYING SALES PERSON

I'm glad that i'm not in the mall anymore though I don't envy what you do..

Good luck
AlienCellFiend

Jan 12, 2009, 1:50 PM
lov2rac3 said:
Greet! Greet! Greet!

My favorite greet is how is your verizon service. And if they have it I look up there account to check for upgrades and if not I pitch them on Verizon. So replace the Verzion with T-mobile and swing away. Isn't 100% but its a good start and a great greet in my option. JUST DON'T BE THE ANOYING SALES PERSON

I'm glad that i'm not in the mall anymore though I don't envy what you do..

Good luck

You'd annoy the living **** out of me.
lov2rac3

Jan 12, 2009, 2:07 PM
If one question would annoy the living **** out of you I would really recommend anger management classes
reason.voice

Jan 12, 2009, 2:20 PM
Speaking completely as a consumer (I'm not employed in the cellular / telecom industry), I'd be wary of this sort of flagging down passers-by. If I'm out somewhere, I am most likely out for a specific mission. Get out, complete the mission, return to base. If I am not out looking for a new cell phone, I have no interest in talking to someone about getting a new cell phone. Odds are, I am in a committed contract anyway.

If I *am* out looking for a new cell phone, I will come to you. Unfortunately, it sounds like, in your case, I would have walked past two other kiosks peddling the exact same wares for the exact same company (from my perspective as the consumer), which is greviously unfortunate for you, because I'd never make it to you...
(continues)
Tmo Slave

Jan 10, 2009, 6:28 PM
First you have to pinch the nose

Second tilt the head back

Third put your mouth around its mouth and make a tight seal

Fourth breath twice then listen for a breath.

🤤 🤣
Drunk

Jan 24, 2009, 6:09 PM
I love T-Mobile and I believe it will sell itself and you need to wear a pink shirt and have like three or four T-Mobile phones hanging on your person and be like, "hey, this stuff is freaking sweet, Viva La T-Mobile!"
I would buy T-Mobile from you because I love T-Mobile that much.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.